Customer Success Manager
Our everyday digital experiences are in the midst of a realtime revolution. Whether attending an event in a virtual venue, receiving realtime financial information, or working with colleagues in an online collaborative environment - consumers simply expect realtime digital experiences as standard. At Ably we’re not just witnessing this revolution - we’re powering it.
At the heart of our mission lies a commitment to putting developers first. Ably provides a suite of APIs to build, extend, and deliver powerful digital experiences in realtime, delivering billions of messages for millions of devices every day and supporting organizations like Split, Hubspot, Toyota and Genius Sports.
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of the internet. The opportunity in front of us is immense. And we’d like your help.
About this role
At Ably, we are on a mission to ensure our customers' success by delivering unparalleled value through our solutions and services. As a Customer Success Manager, you will play a pivotal role in guiding our customers towards achieving their goals, maximising their experience with Ably's products and ultimately expanding their value over time. You’ll be part of a dynamic team that thrives on collaboration, innovation and driving customer satisfaction.
Day to day you will
- Develop impactful, strategic partnerships with Ably’s customers. You’ll take ownership of a designated customer portfolio, focusing on retention, growth, and overall satisfaction, managing end-to-end customer onboarding and developing comprehensive Customer Success Plans that ensure our users achieve their goals.
- Help users leverage the value of our products. You’ll strategise for customer success to enhance adoption, usage, and net expansion targets, including participation in art-of-the-possible workshops. You’ll also be responsible for reporting on success, both internally and externally.
- Be a champion for your customers. You’ll act as the bridge between customers and Ably, relaying insights and feedback on the availability and relevance of new features and serve as the main point of contact for customer inquiries, issues, or escalations, liaising with internal Ably teams to champion customer requirements.
- Become a product expert and educate our customers. You’ll utilise your knowledge of the Ably platform, best practices, and common use cases to guide customers in successful implementation and growth. You’ll also stay well-informed about Ably products, features, and updates and ensure customers are continually educated about new offerings relevant to their needs.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including senior leadership.
- Effective problem-solving ability, enabling strategic navigation of challenges to drive customer success.
- Technical curiosity, with the ability and willingness to understand developer and engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with CRM and account management best practices, and the ability to manage forecasts, particularly in relation to net expansion of existing customers.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical thinking and organisational skills, along with proficiency in project management methodologies.
- Experience working with customers of varying sizes, relevant to the assigned segment.
It would be nice, but not essential if you have
- Experience in an early stage VC-backed startup where things can move quickly.
- Experience with products that are brought to market primarily through a product led growth approach.
- Experience with developer-first products.
What’s it like to work at Ably?
We’re tackling planet-scale problems and our ambitions are a testament to that. You’ll join a successful, deeply motivated and collaborative team that thrives on innovation, experimentation and autonomy.
Our aspiration is to foster a company culture that's built on inclusivity and mutual respect among all team members. We recognise that each person is different and will want to be supported in different ways which is why our benefits (ably.com/ukbenefits) are there to help you focus on your needs today and prepare you for your future.
Ably is a remote-first company and, amongst other things, we offer a generous holiday allowance, private healthcare and substantial opportunities for learning and development, and access to a wealth of resources dedicated to your wellbeing. We’re proud to go the extra mile to support the welfare and prospects of Ablyans and their long-term goals.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging at Ably
We believe our differences as individuals is what makes us great. Our people are at the heart of what we do, and we encourage everyone to be their most authentic self at Ably: we see inclusivity and openness as fundamental to creating long-term success as an organization. We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race, religion, educational background or neurodiversity. Ably has an amazing opportunity ahead of us, and we want anyone to be able to contribute to that opportunity.