Senior Customer Success Manager
Our everyday digital experiences are in the midst of a realtime revolution. Whether attending an event in a virtual venue, receiving realtime financial information, or working with colleagues in an online collaborative environment - consumers simply expect realtime digital experiences as standard. At Ably we’re not just witnessing this revolution - we’re powering it.
At the heart of our mission lies a commitment to putting developers first. Ably provides a suite of APIs to build, extend, and deliver powerful digital experiences in realtime, delivering billions of messages for millions of devices every day and supporting organizations like Split, Hubspot, Toyota and Genius Sports.
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of the internet. The opportunity in front of us is immense. And we’d like your help.
About this role
At Ably, we are on a mission to ensure our customers' success by delivering unparalleled value through our solutions and services. As a Senior Customer Success Manager, you'll be the driving force behind our customers' success on the Ably platform. From onboarding, to day-to-day operations, to leading strategic initiatives that boost revenue, usage, and engagement, your mission is to drive customer objectives and ensure retention and overall satisfaction.
This is a dynamic, hands-on position and requires a strong understanding of both our solutions and our customers' businesses; you’ll need to be capable of quickly grasping the technical aspects of our customers' challenges, managing complex projects, and forging impactful collaborations with customers to help them realise their goals. Beyond simply driving revenue, you'll also play a critical role in shaping our broader product and business strategy and have a significant impact on Ably's future as we strive to become the fastest-growing realtime experience platform globally.
Day to day you will
- Develop impactful, strategic partnerships with Ably’s largest customers. You’ll take ownership of a designated customer portfolio, focusing on retention, growth, and overall satisfaction, managing end-to-end customer onboarding and developing comprehensive Customer Success Plans that ensure our users achieve their goals.
- Help customers leverage the value of our products. You’ll strategise for customer success to enhance adoption, usage, and net expansion targets, including participation in art-of-the-possible workshops. You’ll be responsible for reporting on success, both internally and externally.
- Be a champion for your customers. You’ll act as the bridge between customers and Ably, relaying insights and feedback on the availability and relevance of new features and serve as the main point of contact for customer inquiries, issues, or escalations, liaising with internal Ably teams to champion customer requirements.
- Become a product expert and educate our customers. You’ll utilise your knowledge of the Ably platform, best practices, and common use cases to guide customers in successful implementation and growth. You’ll also stay well-informed about Ably products, features, and updates and ensure customers are continually educated about new offerings relevant to their needs.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Significant prior experience in Customer Success or Account Management, with a strong track record of driving expansions and managing complex renewals.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers with six- to seven-figure ACVs.
- Familiarity with technology vendors that provide infrastructure and API services.
- A background in a fast-paced, high-growth software or technology environment.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including senior leadership.
- Effective problem-solving ability, enabling strategic navigation of challenges to drive customer success.
- Strong technical aptitude, with the ability to grasp new technologies and processes quickly, and use that knowledge to guide your customers.
- Familiarity with CRM and account management best practices, and the ability to manage forecasts, particularly in relation to net expansion of existing customers.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical thinking and organisational skills, along with proficiency in project management methodologies.
It would be nice, but not essential if you have
- Experience in an early stage VC-backed startup where things can move quickly.
- Experience with products that are brought to market primarily through a product led growth approach.
- Experience with developer-first products.
What’s it like to work at Ably?
We’re tackling planet-scale problems and our ambitions are a testament to that. You’ll join a successful, deeply motivated and collaborative team that thrives on innovation, experimentation and autonomy.
Our aspiration is to foster a company culture that's built on inclusivity and mutual respect among all team members. We recognise that each person is different and will want to be supported in different ways which is why our benefits (ably.com/ukbenefits) are there to help you focus on your needs today and prepare you for your future.
Ably is a remote-first company and, amongst other things, we offer a generous holiday allowance, private healthcare and substantial opportunities for learning and development, and access to a wealth of resources dedicated to your wellbeing. We’re proud to go the extra mile to support the welfare and prospects of Ablyans and their long-term goals.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging at Ably
We believe our differences as individuals is what makes us great. Our people are at the heart of what we do, and we encourage everyone to be their most authentic self at Ably: we see inclusivity and openness as fundamental to creating long-term success as an organization. We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race, religion, educational background or neurodiversity. Ably has an amazing opportunity ahead of us, and we want anyone to be able to contribute to that opportunity.