Appear Here is the world’s leading marketplace for retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands such as Chanel, Nike and Spotify to exciting start-ups. We’ve raised over $30m in funding to date – from tier one investors, Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the biggest names in the retail and property industry. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries, and so far 250,000+ brands and thousands of landlords have joined our mission.
As a part of our Product and Tech team, you will be a key part of revolutionising our platform and bringing new features to life. You’ll be building a seamless user experience for brands and landlords globally as well as all the internal tools to help the rest of the team make it look easy.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—new destinations, technologies, and services. It’s a great time to join and be part of our increasingly diverse team, focusing on finding creative solutions and empowering our global community. Come join us!
- Create, own and lead the technology vision at Appear Here
- Drive product innovation whilst improving and maintaining systems, processes, security and infrastructure
- Ensure features are developed on time, within budget and in line with key customer and business requirements
- Ensure Appear Here’s technology is scalable and fit for purpose as the company expands globally
- Continue to raise the bar by coaching and mentoring the existing team and own the hiring of new members
WHY WE LIKE YOU
We’re looking for a strong technical lead who is eager to be hands on:
- You have opinions and want to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
- You’ll be a strong leader with excellent communication skills, able to inspire and motivate the team and wider business
- You’ll own the engineering roadmap and produce compelling business cases for your proposed solutions
- You’ll be hands-on and able to coach and mentor the team, giving them technical guidance when needed
- You’re a pragmatic decision maker who can articulate how you arrived at difficult decisions
Experience working with the following is advantageous:
- Strong skills in Ruby and Ruby on Rails; they’re the backbone of our Stack
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2, RDS and RedShift
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (we use EKS)
- Experience with different CI/CD tools and technologies
- Knowledge of good database design and query optimisation
WHY YOU’LL LIKE US
- We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
- We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
- We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, trips to the local pub and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant.
Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch and to share business progress. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
SOME MORE PERKS
- Competitive salary
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CFO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development.
- Great office location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London.
See life inside @appearherehq
Something looks off?