Bloom & Wild
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, March 4, 2023
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Our Finance Team
Finance at Bloom & Wild group is organised around three main teams which are led by our VP of Finance, though we collaborate closely as one function and work with other teams across the business too.
Financial Control & Reporting - runs all things financial control and reporting, including; compilation of month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
Financial Planning & Analysis - manages our budgeting and forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance. They are also responsible for building financial models for a variety of uses across the company and working closely with other teams to do so.
Financial Change & Compliance - performs the majority of group functions across our 3 locations including but not limited to; PSP and treasury management, controls and compliance and all things tax. They are also responsible for spearheading any process improvements or transformational projects.
What will you do?
We’re looking for a self-motivated Senior Financial Controller to join our Finance team in the Netherlands. The role will support our Group Head of Financial Control and Reporting with coordination and compilation of management accounts and statutory accounts for the bloomon entities and the group (consolidation).
You'll be responsible for:
- Lead on the compilation of management accounts for the bloomon entities and contribute to group consolidation procedures.
- Support with statutory audits of our legal entities, being the main point of contact for the NL audit team and managing the process so that it runs efficiently.
- Ownership of reporting on the bloomon balance sheet and cash flow.
- Play an important role in the implementation of a new inventory management system and design the new process and financial controls.
- Contribute to group consolidation procedures in close collaboration with other departments and enable quicker reporting.
- Review of the general ledgers and collaboration with the Tax manager to ensure compliance across NL for all reporting requirements.
- Manage a Junior Financial Controller, providing support for their progression and development within their role and the company.
- Masters degree in Controlling or Accounting (or equivalent, post-master is a plus).
- 5+ years experience, preferably within industry with an audit background.
- Strong financial modelling and excel skills with a high attention to detail, alongside an ability to interpret and communicate conclusions.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership of significant areas of work and keep to tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to spot problems, identify potential efficiencies, and suggest improvements.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, adaptable and innovative; willingness to get stuck in.
- Good team player; develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Dutch and English).
- Experience using NetSuite would be an advantage
Bloom & Wild Group teams are distributed across office locations in Amsterdam and London, and multiple warehouse locations. We’re working hard to create a culture of inclusion for our teams, whether they’re working from the office or home. And so whether you need to be at home for focus time or for school pickup, or you want to spend time together with your co-workers, we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
bloomon perks & benefits:
* 24 vacation days, with an option to buy an extra 5 vacation days.
* 1 celebration day per year (extra day off to celebrate a holiday that is important to you)
* Happiness days (4 extra days off per year for your personal “me-time”)
* We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a VanMoof bike, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
* Access to the GoodHabitz platform for personal development
* Access to OpenUp online therapy for your mental health
* We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
* A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
* Friday drinks and socials
* Weekly online yoga classes
* We’ll provide you with a laptop and other necessary equipment
* Phone allowance
* Discounts on our beautiful products!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home at bloomon!
See more open positions at Bloom & Wild
Something looks off?