Bloom & Wild
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team
What will you do?
As Lunch Chef, you are bloomon’s culinary rock. Where we try to make the world a bit more beautiful - and happier - with flowers, you do the same for us by preparing a daily lunch buffet. Variation, freshness and sustainability are of paramount importance to us, furthermore, we fully rely on your experience and creativity.
What are you responsible for?
- Purchasing (with weekly budget) and stock management (as little waste as possible)
- Creating and preparing a varied and surprising menu for about 30/35 employees, consisting of bread, salad(s), soup, and a hot meal
- Let the magic happen in our office kitchen, fully equipped with everything you need - If not, then we arrange it!
- Coordinating the buffet at lunchtime (11:30 - 13:15)
- Coordinating a number of cleaning tasks in and around the pantry
- Communication with the team about (any changes of) the lunch.
What do we expect from you?
- Five days a week available as Freelancer/ employed/ working student for about 4-6 hours a day (depending on your availability and preference)
- Flexible schedule except for lunch time (11:30 - 13:15)
- In case you're less than 5 days available, we also invite you to apply!
- Relevant work experience in the hospitality industry is a must - you can cook deliciously, but above all you can organise things very well
- As a permanent part of our team, you get energy and inspiration from conversations and feedback from colleagues - it’s cliché but food connects!
- You see it as a challenge to surprise us every day with something healthy and tasty, except on Fridays - then it only has to be very tasty ;-)
- Variety, freshness and sustainability are of paramount importance to you
- You are proactive towards the supplier when there are problems with delivery.
See more open positions at Bloom & Wild
Something looks off?