Bloom & Wild
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Brand & Creative at bloomon
Our brand and creative team of 8 is responsible for our global brand strategy and creative output and work with teams across the business in all markets to bring this to life.
Within the Brand & Creative team, we’re a vibrant and energetic bunch of creative thinkers spanning Creative/Design, Copy/Content, Social, and PR. We use customer insight and creative flair to build uplifting and innovative brand experiences for our customers and constantly challenge ourselves to do better. We collaborate closely with Customer Insight to inform our thinking, the Range and Business Development teams on designing our products and services, with the International teams on plans that resonate in their local markets, and with our Digital Product and Design teams on our website and app.
We’re passionate about who we are as a brand and how we show up in the world - and we love seeing bloomon grow, so we work at a fast pace pouring thought and care into everything we do.
What will you do?
We’re looking for a Senior Designer to join the bloomon Brand & Creative team. Reporting to the Creative Lead, they will work alongside a junior designer, copywriters, production, and the wider Brand & Range team to help bring fresh and considered ideas to life that inspire our customers. We’re looking for someone who is forward-thinking, curious to learn and expand their knowledge and skill sets, and excited by the meaningful impact their work can have.
The Brand & Creative team is responsible for all of the brand’s creative output across organic and performance social, email, blog, and packaging. We work on larger campaign activity, developing online marketing and social campaigns, brand activations, and exciting partnerships.
The team works closely and collaboratively to shape brand storytelling and deliver outstanding content and experiences that set us apart. We bring together customer insight, business intelligence, and creative flair to build a compelling brand experience across content, products, and services that unlocks customer acquisition and retention.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with the wider design and copy team to create original and templated assets for all digital and offline channels - including emails, bouquet care booklets, inserts, digital marketing, social media, and more
- Working alongside our copywriters and our UX design team to help create content for our website and app
- Organising and executing seasonal shoots and campaigns, across both creative still life and social content. Working alongside the Creative Lead on aspects of creative planning and creative rollout for the brand
- Constantly striving for best-in-class designs and keeping up to date with the latest trends on constantly evolving channels
- Developing a deep understanding of our customers and helping drive their engagement with our brand through contemporary and inviting designs
- Understanding and interpreting briefs to help both internal and external functions deliver impactful work
- Contributing to the continual growth and improvement of our brand identity by sharing ideas and suggesting creative solutions, taking part in inspirational shares and concepting sessions.
- Design skills: you can design beautifully following brand guidelines, as well as understanding the platform or channel that you’re creating for
- Commercial savviness: you’ll be able to understand how the briefs you’re working on impact bigger business objectives
- Collaboration: you’ll enjoy working in a team - we’re a collaborative group of creatives who share our ideas to make sure our output and the brand are constantly moving forward
- Curiosity to learn: you’ll be open to learning new things and building on your own knowledge, whether that be about design, creativity, or our industry as a whole
- Communication: you’re comfortable presenting your work in front of the team and others in the business
- Ideas & Insights led: you can contribute ideas and use insights and creative testing to inform them, staying close to the results of your work and finding ways to use these learnings to further inform your thinking.
- Have other creative expertise and interests, ranging from illustration to styling, lettering, content creation, or anything else - we’re a diverse group of creatives who love to expand our skill sets and flex our creative muscles!
It would be great if you also….
To care wildly for our customers, first we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working (core hours from 10-4pm)
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Summer hours: every Friday afternoon off during July and August (trialling in 2023)
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a Swapfiets, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Phone allowance
🌴 Time off
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’)
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health and wellbeing
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Our office kitchen is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
💐 Moments that matter
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- We love to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!