People Operations & Analytics Manager
Bloom & Wild
People & HR, Operations, Data Science
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Hi, we’re Bloom & Wild. We don’t just send flowers! We help our customers to care wildly. Caring wildly is celebrating the little things we all do for each other every day. Not just the big occasions. It’s being there for the highs. Stepping up for the lows.
Care has been at the heart of our business right from the start. From the products we source, and the packaging we send them in, to the way we look after our colleagues, our customers, our planet, and the communities around us.
Founded in 2013, our mission back then was to make sending and receiving flowers the joy that it should be, by harnessing technology, brand and letterbox delivery. We announced £75 million Series D funding in 2021 and that same year acquired bloomon in The Netherlands and Bergamotte in France. Together, we’ve fulfilled over 20 million deliveries (and counting!), making us the largest direct to consumer business in Europe.
Home to a family of 3 beautiful brands, we’re driven by our vision to create the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful. And we won't stop at flowers and plants. Starting with the Bloom & Wild brand, we're expanding our gifting offering to other categories like cakes, candles and cocktails. We’re already the largest direct to consumer flower business in Europe and this is all part of our ambition to build Europe's #1 direct to consumer gifting destination.
🛠️ People at Bloom & Wild
We’re looking for a People Operations & Analytics Manager to join the People Team.
The People Team at Bloom and Wild support our team members globally through a mix of business partnering and global centres of excellence. This role will report into our People Operations Lead.
As a People Team we put people first and process a close second, and alongside many others, we are the custodians of the Bloom and Wild Group culture. Having acquired 2 brands (bloomon and Bergamotte) during 2021 we are still integrating some of our people processes and systems, so you will have the opportunity to build and create the best process for our teams.
💻 What you’ll be doing
The role of the People Operations & Analytics Manager will include, but not be limited to:
- Champion our people data, metrics and insights to make intelligent business decisions
- Design and implement a new people metric reporting dashboards to enable our People Partners and Leaders to fully utilise the data available
- Analyse data and provide actionable insights of our various employee listening surveys, including but not limited to, eNPS, pulse surveys, DE&I Surveys
- Oversee the smooth running of all stages of the employee lifecycle for employees. Ensuring an engaging and consistent experience.
- Manage the systems, processes and operations needed to deliver an excellent people experience - e.g. maintaining BambooHR - creating an accurate information structure to support business decisions.
- Proactively seek out improvements to our process and People systems to increase efficiency and improve employee experience through automation.
- Be the first point of contact for people related queries - managing and resolving in a timely manner.
- Contract and letter issuance and template document creation.
- Continually observing employee feedback and external trends to keep us one step ahead
- Create content and services which enable great employee self service.
- Administration and support our company wide benefits.
- Responsible for timely and accurate payroll input, with Finance, for UK/France/Germany and support NL. You will be the point of contact for all payroll queries.
- Partnering with People Team leadership and working collaboratively with the wider People Team to deliver on key strategic projects.
You'll love this role if you...
- Have strong analytical skills and expertise in Excel and Google Sheets.
- Are a HR generalist, with a proven track record of supporting a fast-paced team.
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Are employee centric in your approach and delivery.
- Have excellent organisation, problem solving, prioritisation & attention to detail.
- Have strong communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Utilise data in decision making and are logical in your thinking.
- Have high emotional intelligence: able to adapt your response to situations as needed.
- Are a great empathetic listener: demonstrating a good balance of emotional intelligence with pragmatic judgement.
- Are tech-confident: able to navigate new systems independently and look for improvement in all areas.
- Have integrity at the core: treating highly confidential information with utmost trust.
- Are proficient in an additional language e.g. French, German, Dutch.
- Have prior experience in a tech enabled scale-up.
It would be great if you also….
These are some of the skills and experience we think will enable success in this role, but please don’t worry if you are missing some of what’s on our list! We’re committed to building a team made up of different strengths, skills and experiences, so if you’re excited about our values, passionate about what you do and would like to join us in doing things more thoughtfully, we’d love to hear from you.
✅ Why Bloom & Wild?
To care wildly for our customers, firstly we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working: our core hours are 10-4, but outside of these hours you can start or finish your day when works best for you
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Summer hours: every Friday afternoon off during July and August (trialling in 2023)
- Enhanced family leave policy and a workplace nursery scheme
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
🌴 Time off
- 25 days’ holiday + your birthday and bank holidays each year
- Option to buy an extra 5 days’ holiday each year
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health & Wellbeing
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person or virtual yoga every week
- Cycle to work scheme
- Our office kitchen is stocked with drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Mentee and mentor opportunities with our external partners, such as The Women's Association and Future Founders
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics
💐 Moments that matter
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!
🙌 Getting hired
We’ll do everything we can to make sure your interview experience with us is a good one. It’s a 2-way process, and we’re keen to answer all of the questions you may have, so that you can be sure (and excited!) that we’ll be the right place for you.
- Apply below (it takes 2 minutes!).
- Chat with our Talent Team to take us through your experience and learn more about the role.
- Meet with Caitlin, our People Operations Lead, to go into more detail.
- Show us how you work through a take home task and present back your ideas to Jane, our Director of People & Talent and Caitlin.
- Final interview with Fiona, our Chief People Officer.