Flower Production Stylist
Bloom & Wild
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Styling and quality at bloomon
Producing the most beautiful and best bouquets every day to make our customers as happy as possible- that's the styling and quality (S&Q) team at bloomon! We are experts on all things flower-related. We ensure that the creations of our designers, which are conceived a year or more in advance, can actually be produced. We guarantee the quality standards for all Bloomon designs. As a Production stylist, you will be based at the Amstelveen warehouse which is situated 10 minutes from Royal Flora Holland. You will have a direct reporting line to the Production stylist co-ordinator and will be supported by the wider S&Q department (and the rest of the Bloom & Wild team of course!).
The role and ways of working
The Production stylist ensures the bouquet is set up for success both from a design/customer point of view as well as from an operational target point of view. As a vital member of the Styling and Quality (S&Q) team, the Production Stylist plays a crucial role as the gatekeeper of quality. Working collaboratively with the entire S&Q team, this role ensures the meticulous execution of designs, upholding the highest standards to meet and exceed customer expectations.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure bouquets can be produced within the set design and quality requirements.
- Solving missing stems/substitutions during production, ensuring for each design you find the right balance.
- Ensuring we are always focused on quality.
- Coaching of production team members in conditioning of stems.
- Ensuring we work towards our customer guarantee; longevity of stems we use, and compliance with design principles.
- Adapting table versions.
- You have experience in the flower sector, preferably in a production environment
- You are able available for 20 hours per week
- Flower training, green and styling at MBO 3 or 4 or equivalent level
- A Good communicator of Dutch and English language in both speaking and writing, speaking Polish is a plus
- You are accurate and work structured
- Experience in MS office (Word, Excel)
- Structured approach to work with an ability to plan ahead and problem-solve issues
- You’ll embody all of our values; Customer First, Innovation, Delight, Care & Pride, in everything that you do
To care wildly for our customers, first we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a Swapfiets, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Phone allowance
🌴 Time off
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’)
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health and wellbeing
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Our office kitchen is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
💐 Moments that matter
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- We love to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!