Senior Brand Manager
Bloom & Wild
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Our Brand and Creative Team at bloomon
Our Brand & Creative team forms the creative core of bloomon. It is a team of 8 and is part of the Brand & Range team of 13 people. We’re responsible for our global brand strategy and creative output, and work with teams across the business in all markets to bring this to life.
Within the Brand & Creative team we’re a dynamic bunch of creative thinkers spanning Creative, Copy/Content, Social and PR. We create most content in house. We use customer insight and creative flair to build uplifting and innovative brand experiences for our customers and constantly challenge ourselves to do better. We are one team with Range who develop and design our physical products ranges across categories - from bouquets to small gifts. We collaborate closely with Customer Insight to inform our thinking, with the Commercial team to make sure our plans resonate in their local markets, and with our Digital Product and Design teams on our website and app.
We’re passionate about who we are as a brand and about spreading happiness. We love seeing bloomon grow, so we work at a fast pace, pouring thought and consideration into everything we do.
What will you do?
We are looking for a senior brand manager to lead a small team, spanning specialisms of PR, social media and brand project & production management. You’ll be responsible for their performance and development. You'll be a valued partner to the Creative Lead in developing our brand communications and you will use excellent collaboration and stakeholder management skills to work closely with our other stakeholders.
- You’ll be a go-to brand voice and guardian alongside our Creative Lead and Brand & Range Director, continually ensuring that output is on brand and meets the objectives of the brief.
- You’ll oversee creative production and resourcing and own it for bigger and more complex projects. We’re a really busy team with ever-increasing demands from across channels such as marketing (paid social, email), physical product design (packaging), digital design (homepage, landing pages), and brand (campaign, press releases, and press events, organic social), so this part of the role is key to our success in ensuring delivery to brief, deadline, and budget.
- You’ll own and manage the brand calendar and campaigns, and plan ahead to keep the content machine moving, clearly communicating business priorities to the creative team in a timely fashion.
- You’ll develop insight-led and inspiring creative briefs with clear business objectives for seasonal campaigns and new products. You’ll work with the creative team to shape creative development to meet objectives, building brand activations that deliver measurable results.
- You’ll adopt a test-and-learn mentality across all of your campaigns, ensuring continual optimization. You’ll spot opportunities for improvement and design measurable tests alongside other teams as relevant.
- You’ll be working with stakeholders from across the business to shape, iterate, execute, and report on activity. Campaigns will be everything from seasonal themes to new product launches to brand campaigns supporting key commercial moments.
- You’ll lead on brand strategy and bigger projects and will continually track other projects, campaigns, and team resources to ensure the Brand & Creative team runs as a well-oiled machine. This means planning, scoping, and tracking projects of all sizes, and continuously aligning on business and team priorities.
- You’ll lead the development and execution of relevant brand partnerships, working closely with our Commercial team.
- You’ll lead on execution of our CSR initiatives including sustainability and charitable giving. You’ll ensure these initiatives are clearly communicated to customers across touch points, as a key driver of brand consideration.
You’ll love this role if you…
- You have a strategic mindset, a strong commercial view, and a flair for creativity. You’re results-focused and comfortable with setting and measuring KPIs across your team’s work.
- You work at pace on your own projects and coach your team to do likewise, with an ability to multitask under pressure. You’re comfortable guiding, evaluating, and if necessary, redirecting your team’s work and will get stuck in wherever it’s needed.
- You have an excellent understanding of brand communications and wider media culture to back up your recommendations and decisions.
- You’re a confident project manager, able to assemble and lead cross-functional teams to keep complex projects on track and deliver against targets.
- You’re a creative problem solver who is solutions-orientated and raises issues or unexpected problems early to ensure success.
- You actively search out great brand communications and will come with strong references and refreshing ideas.
- You’re confident and clear in presenting your work to your peers and senior stakeholders and can tailor your communication to different audiences.
- You’re a confident leader, able to flex your coaching style to get the best from your team. You’re a team player, keen to be hands-on and supportive to your teammates in the belief that our successes come as a team.
- 5+ years of experience in a brand or marketing role - ideally at a fast-growing start-up or brand-focused business
- Experience in working in the Dutch market, communication skills in Dutch is a plus!
- Team management/coaching experience
- Ideally, experience working on e-commerce or D2C brands
- Experience owning and project managing complex cross-functional projects from ideation to execution
- Experience across as many brand touchpoints as possible, including physical product and social media
- Experience working collaboratively with creative teams to create work that is inspiring, engaging and delivers results
To care wildly for our customers, first we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working (core hours from 10-4pm)
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Summer hours: every Friday afternoon off during July and August (trialling in 2023)
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a Swapfiets, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Phone allowance
🌴 Time off
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’)
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health and wellbeing
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Our office kitchen is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
💐 Moments that matter
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- We love to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!