Customer Service Team Lead
Bloom & Wild
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain! We skip the auction and wholesale, to shorten the journey for our flowers. And we harness technology, brand and innovation to deliver gifts and subscriptions that delight our customers across Europe.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014, and in 2021 joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Our group is backed by top tier investors and is now home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we’ve delivered over 20 million orders (and counting!), making us the largest direct to consumer flower business in Europe.
Our vision is to create the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful. And we won't stop at flowers and plants. Starting with the Bloom & Wild brand, we're expanding our gifting offering to other categories like cakes, candles and cocktails. This is all part of our ambition to build Europe's #1 direct to consumer gifting destination.
🛠️ Customer Delight Team at the Bloom & Wild Group
The Customer Delight team is obsessed with Caring Wildly about all our customers and their experiences. They’re on the frontlines of delivering an exceptional experience to our customers, always finding ways to bring them joy. We have a wonderful, dedicated team covering all our brands and markets. And a fantastic management team who work closely together to ensure that all our customers, and our wonderful team of associates & senior associates are well supported and thriving.
Because everything we do touches customers, Customer Delight has the opportunity to engage with a wide variety of other departments, from Logistics to Range, to Quality and People teams, you’ll be a stakeholder on behalf of our customers.
The Customer Delight team is passionate about our customers, but also about our Associate & Senior Associate team - so you will be joining a Customer Delight management team obsessed with the wellbeing, growth, development and success of our Associates & Senior Associates.
⚙️ What you'll be doing:
- You’ll be responsible for your direct reports (5-10 Associates): making sure they’re meeting their KPIs and OKRs and performing at a high level in the role, and ensuring that their growth and development within the role, the team and the organisation is supported and encouraged
- You’ll be a delightful Zendesk (or similar) power user, sharing skills and advice with the associates on the team
- You’ll be willing to jump onto the front line to support during our gifting peaks. (Christmas, Valentine’s Day & Mother’s Day)
- Sharing information with the team by (jointly) delivering team meetings, quarterly All Hand sessions and more informal training.
- Working cross-functionally with a variety of people across the Bloom & WIld Group to ensure the team is well-informed, and the wider business is aware of issues our customers are facing.
- You will deputise for the other managers in the team at times and be prepared to communicate and solve problems at any time.
✅ You’ll love this role if you…
- An empathetic leader - you genuinely love delivering through others and are comfortable guiding, evaluating, and flexing your style to get the best from those around you
- Customer empathy - You put customers first, seek to understand what works for them, and champion them in your decision-making
- A positive and optimistic attitude - you overcome setbacks and obstacles, and inspire and motivate those around you too
- Communication & relationship management - you have a collaborative style that enables you to work with a range of different people and teams and allows for open and inclusive discussion
- You care about the detail - you’re methodical and precise and deliver to a consistently high standard
- You are able to come to the Amsterdam office frequently
- Speaking Dutch is a bonus!
These are some of the skills and experience we think will enable success in this role, but please don’t worry if you are missing some of these. We’re committed to building a team made up of different strengths, skills and experiences, so if you’re excited about our values, passionate about what you do and would like to join us in doing things more thoughtfully, we’d love to hear from you.
🏡 Belonging at Bloom & Wild Group
We know that we learn through our differences, and building a diverse team has always been central to creating the best experience for our customers. We value all backgrounds, perspectives, ideas and experiences, and encourage everyone to share their opinions openly within our caring and inclusive team.
🧭 Our ways of working
We do things a little bit differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. We’re big on collaboration, empathy, knowledge sharing and growth, and our values drive our priorities every day:
Lead change for good: we have the guts to try new things and step up to do what matters most
Think deeply, act swiftly: we make sure there’s thoughtful rationale behind our approach and always act swiftly to implement ideas
Care wildly: we pour care and creativity into everything we do and pay attention to the things that make a difference
Stay open, be curious: we’re open about what we’re doing and why, and we welcome challenges from each other
We really believe in the power of face-to-face connections - be that through a shared project, a learning and development opportunity, or an after work social - and trust our teams to make the right decisions (for them and us) about where and how they work each day. Our working patterns are flexible and vary across the business, depending on the type of work, need for collaboration, and personal and wellbeing circumstances.
🌟 (Some of) The good stuff
To care wildly for our customers, firstly we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working (core hours from 10-4pm)
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a Swapfiets, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Phone allowance
🌴 Time off
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’)
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health and wellbeing
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Our office kitchen is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
💐 Moments that matter
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- We love to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!
We know that job searching can be daunting, and we want to do everything we can to ensure that your experience with us is a good one. Interviewing is a 2-way process, and we’re keen to answer all of the questions you have, so that you can be sure (and excited!) that we’re the right move for you.
We believe in leading change for good, so do let us know if there’s anything we can do to support your application process. Also, if you have any feedback, please help us to improve our candidate experience by sharing (anonymously) here.