Supply Quality Manager
Bloom & Wild
Administration, Quality Assurance
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Hi, we’re Bloom & Wild. We don’t just send flowers. We help our customers to care wildly. Caring wildly is celebrating the little things we all do for each other every day. Not just the big occasions. It’s being there for the highs. Stepping up for the lows.
Care has been at the heart of our business from the start. From the products we source, and the packaging we send them in, to the way we look after our colleagues, our customers, our planet, and the communities around us.
Founded in 2013, our mission back then was to make sending and receiving flowers the joy that it should be, by harnessing technology, brand and letterbox delivery. We announced £75 million Series D funding in 2021 and that same year acquired bloomon in The Netherlands and Bergamotte in France. Together, we’ve fulfilled and delivered over 20 million orders (and counting!), making us the largest direct to consumer flower business in Europe.
Now home to a family of 3 beautiful brands, we’re driven by our vision to create the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful. And we won't stop at flowers and plants. Starting with the Bloom & Wild brand, we're expanding our gifting offering to other categories like cakes, candles and cocktails. This is all part of our ambition to build Europe's #1 direct to consumer gifting destination.
🛠️ Sourcing, Supply & Quality Team
Our team of buyers, supply chain specialists, stylists and quality managers is responsible for sustainably sourcing and ensuring flower quality across Bloom & Wild Group. In the UK, our team also works closely with 3rd party fulfilment partners to deliver the best and most beautiful bouquets to our customers.
💻 What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for an Interim Supply Quality Manager to join asap and cover a period of parental leave starting in March. This role could done remotely, or from one of our offices in London or Nuneaton. You’ll own the relationship with our key supplier, advocating for quality standards at every step to ensure our teams are set up for success to delight our customers with each and every delivery. Working closely with our Range and Operations teams, responsibilities will include:
- Spot patterns and understand quality issues by continuously analysing customer feedback and internal quality dashboards
- Take action with our 3rd party fulfilment partner on any SKUs that don’t meet our standards
- Create detailed reports to ensure our fulfilment partner always maintains our high standards
- Prepare and optimise for quality during our busiest periods - Christmas, Mothers’ Day and Valentine’s Day. This includes eg. vase life testing, forward pack planning & testing, and aligning with internal and external stakeholders
- Regular quality visits to our sites in Nuneaton & Spalding (once or twice per month), as well as quarterly visits to our warehouse in The Netherlands
- Attend new product development and pre-production meetings, ensuring data & improvements are captured, and quality guardrails are followed
- Long term projects and improvements, eg. stem testing and longevity improvement
✅ You’ll love this role if you…
- A detail focussed Supply Quality Manager with experience in flowers, plants and/or gifting
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal, account management and relationship building abilities
- Comfortable with data analysis, creating reports and insights (Excel/GSheets)
- You put customers first, seek to understand what works for them and champion them in your decision making
- You’re excited about problem-solving and love to take a logical and collaborative approach to finding solutions
- You are positive and optimistic - able to overcome setbacks and obstacles to deliver impactful results
- You love to learn and often take initiative to improve things
- Horti background or enthusiasm for flowers would be a plus
- Driving licence and willingness to travel to our sites
- Open to working flexibly in the run up to and during busy periods
- Food safety
Nice to have experience:
These are some of the skills and experience we think will enable success in this role, but please don’t worry if you are missing some of these. We’re committed to building a team made up of different strengths, skills and experiences, so if you’re excited about our values, passionate about what you do and would like to join us in doing things more thoughtfully, we’d love to hear from you.
🧭 Our ways of working
We do things a little bit differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. We’re big on collaboration, empathy, knowledge sharing and growth, and our values drive our priorities every day:
Lead change for good: we have the guts to try new things and step up to do what matters most
Think deeply, act swiftly: we make sure there’s thoughtful rationale behind our approach and always act swiftly to implement ideas
Care wildly: we pour care and creativity into everything we do and pay attention to the things that make a difference
Stay open, be curious: we’re open about what we’re doing and why, and we welcome challenges from each other
We really believe in the power of face-to-face connections - be that through a shared project, a learning and development opportunity, or an after work social - and trust our teams to make the right decisions (for them and us) about where and how they work each day. Our working patterns are flexible and vary across the business, depending on the type of work, need for collaboration, and personal and wellbeing circumstances.
🏡 Belonging @ Bloom & Wild Group
We know that we learn through our differences, and building a diverse team has always been central to creating the best experience for our customers. We value all backgrounds, perspectives, ideas and experiences, and encourage everyone to share their opinions openly within our caring and inclusive team.
🌟 (Some of) The good stuff
To care wildly for our customers, firstly we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working : our core hours are 10-4, but outside of these hours you can start or finish your day when works best for you
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- Enhanced family leave policy and a workplace nursery scheme
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
🌴 Time off
- 25 days’ holiday + your birthday and bank holidays each year
- Option to buy an extra 5 days’ holiday each year
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health & Wellbeing
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person or virtual yoga every week
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
- Our office kitchen is stocked with drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Mentee and mentor opportunities with our external partners, such as The Women's Association and Future Founders
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics
💐 Moments that matter
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!