ImVitro is looking for a mission-driven software engineer to join our Paris-based company that aims at improving the in vitro fertilization (IVF) workflow. The ideal candidate is a software engineer based in Europe who possesses strong Python skills (including test automation) & AWS knowledge and has worked for at least 2 years in an agile and fast-paced startup environment.
Today, one of the main medical solutions to infertility is in vitro fertilization (IVF). And yet, its success rates only come close to 20-30%, which means patients have to repeat this difficult journey all too often, or give it up altogether. At ImVitro, we aim to make IVF more transparent, robust and reproducible. Our vision is to create an easier path to parenthood to ensure families can take their planning into their own hands.
ImVitro is an early stage Deep Tech start-up backed by US & European VC funds. The company is backed by several accelerator programs (Entrepreneur First, Agoranov, TechCare), European and US-based VCs, and was selected as one of Station F’s Future 40 2019 start-ups.
Role and responsibilities
ImVitro is now looking for a software engineer who will be in charge of contributing to Im-Vitro’s SaaS platform by developing and deploying new features (~70%) of the time and building automation testing (~30%) of the time in collaboration with the other two existing back-end software engineers. This is a unique opportunity to be directly exposed to a fast-paced, demanding and exciting entrepreneurial ecosystem. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop their experience employing high-quality product and software engineering practices.
The candidate will be:
- Working closely with the entire engineering team to define and implement the target architecture.
- Responsible for establishing and automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Deploy and maintain the SaaS platform on AWS cloud solutions.
- Designing and developing the test automation scripts on different levels
Above all, the person needs to be excited about the mission of the company, and needs to be driven, curious and resilient. Candidates should have the “must” skills listed below; the “nice”are a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field
- Good written and oral communication skills in english (we all work in english)
- Demonstrable experience of developing scalable software from concept to distribution.
- Strong knowledge and experience in cloud infrastructures (preferably AWS) and serverless architecture
- 2+ years of Python and REST API experience
- 2+ years industry experience with Linux, VM machines, DevOps
- 2+ year industry experience in Software Automation Development & Frameworks
- 1+ years industry experience with SQL, NoSQL databases
- 1+ years industry experience in dockerization and application deployment using Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Experience in data version control (DVC)
- Awareness of cryptography algorithms and cybersecurity trends
AWS; Serverless applications; Docker; Python; APIs; SQL, NoSQL; Gitlab; CI/CD
Compensation & Perks
The employee will
- Receive a competitive salary and employee stock options plan (ESOP)
- Have access to central offices in a Paris-based incubator and network with other healthtech start-ups
- Be able to work from the office or from home (in Europe, ideally from France, Spain, Italy, UK): you decide!
- Participate to off-site retreats across Europe
- Have the opportunity to make an impact on patients and society at large
- Respond to 5 short questions by clicking on ‘Apply Now’
- If contacted, 20 min introductory video call with our VP of AI & Engineering
- 45 min technical interview with engineering team members
- 15 min discussion with CEO