Data Engineer (Spark) | 100% remote and flexible work environment
Do you want to work in a position where you will see the impact of your work from the very beginning and you will be mentoring and helping the product teams to adopt and implement tools?
Do you want to organise your schedule according to your needs and work with a 🔝 technical team to build tools and a scalable architecture?
From Lookiero we are driving the change of online personalized shopping, making it more accessible to everyone. Our mission is to empower thousands of customers, inspire them and help them discover their full potential to succeed in their daily lives.
Thanks to technology, Data and Artificial Intelligence, we have an extraordinary opportunity to deliver a unique shopping experience tailored to each individual.
Since our launch in 2016, we have grown rapidly to become Europe's leading online personal shopping platform with a presence in 10 European countries and more than 600 employees and collaborators of 27 nationalities.
What will we bring to you?
👫 We are one team. With a culture of true collaboration and support, you will find that everyone is always up to help you solve your challenges and have a friendly chat. Good vibes reign!
💼 Your impact will be tangible - and we empower people in the “how”. Working in a startup, you will see the impact of your voice, ideas and work very clearly on our business. You will be encouraged (and required) to share your opinions (of course, in a well-argumented way!). We also believe in giving freedom on how to get to pre-agreed OKRs.
💻 We obsess about product-led growth. We believe our product should offer superior value vs alternatives to our customers and you will thrive on customer feedback for inspiration to develop our roadmap.
⚡We are true fans of clean code, technical quality and hexagonal, DDD, SOLID architectures.
🤩 Coached through professional development. Your line managers will work with you on a personal development plan that respects your own career goals and ambitions. Moreover, you will work with many inspiring colleagues who can mentor you in your journey.
🌍 100% remote and flexible working hours. If working from Bilbao is too far away for you, that's OK! We support remote working and flexible hours so that you can have the balance you want with your personal life.
📚 English classes and training budget: We believe in training as a tool to evolve as a professional, to get the best out of you and to be always up to date!
What will be your challenge? (Key accountabilities)
- You will work on the deepest part of the products in an autonomous and multidisciplinary product team to provide solutions according to the business needs.
- You will work on Python based ecosystems with ideally hexagonal.
- You will use our data platform to build high-performance, highly scalable data pipelines, and connect with data algorithms implementations to provide the best buying experience to our customers. (pySpark, Delta Lake, MLFlow)
- You will work together with the product manager and technical lead to guarantee the technical feasibility of the proposals.
- You will ensure that the solutions you work on are scalable, maintainable and accessible.
- You will contribute to the quality of the products developed through testing: unitary, integration, contract-testing, e2e, etc.
What will make you succeed✌️in your role? (Skills, know-how and experience)
- To feel comfortable in the project, you should ideally have at least more than 3 years of real, hands-on experience in Python based ecosystems ideally with hexagonal, DDD or event driven architecture. We make use of Databricks as the unified ecosystem for our data, so having knowledge of technologies such as Spark (PySpark or others).
- You are able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges, in fact you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- You are passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- It is important that you can learn, understand, and develop great practices aligned with our technical challenges.
- We are an international company, so the ability to read and write in English is welcome.
In addition, we would especially like to see…👀
- You’re enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also team oriented.
How do we like to do things?
We think big and act fast.
We own our decisions and drive results.
We say things the way they are.
We are a team.
Anything is possible for us.
What will the selection process be like?
1- Initial interview with the Talent Team.
2- Technical assessment/ case study.
4- Technical interview with the Hiring Manager.
5- Last but not least, the final stage is the Offer.
🥇 Ranked on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
👧 4 million registered female users in 10 countries.
🤝 +600 employees and collaborators
🏢 3 offices: Bilbao (HQ), París and Berlín.
⛰️🥾 We are committed to Remote Culture and work-life balance.
If you want to be a key player in our team, see the impact of your work and are excited to learn more about us and the position, APPLY 🔜