Assistant Accountant - Part Qualified
measurable.energy are recognised as one of the fastest growing and most exciting CleanTech scale-ups in the UK. Producing innovative systems that help reduce carbon emissions and energy costs. measurable.energy offers smart plug sockets that utilize machine learning to identify devices and track their usage, automatically switching them on and off to eliminate small power waste, helping to reduce electricity costs by at least 20%.
We are seeking an Assistant Accountant with some previous experience to join our friendly, fast-growing CleanTech start-up. Perhaps you have started your AAT studies already and have ambitions to gain or continue your ACCA qualification, in which case this company can support you in achieving your dreams!
Our CFO has a wealth of experience within scaleups and this role will be their right hand supporting the finance function on a day to day basis. The CFO will provide mentorship, training and guidance and aid the individual with their future career path into Accountancy..
You will be responsible for a range of general finance and office tasks to assist with the business in the day-to-day operations at our new Reading office.
This is a full-time hybrid role, based in Reading with flexibility for some remote work.
Suppliers / Expenses
- Purchasing activities, obtaining quotes, processing invoices and matching payments.
- Monitoring of the shared accounts inbox and replying to queries.
- Company expenses, e.g. mileage claims for staff.
- Credit control – speaking to clients and monitoring any invoices due for payment
- New client set-up and management of credit limits.
- Preparing accounts to Trial Balance
- VAT returns
- Control Account Reconciliation
- Producing adhoc reports as required
- Expense analysis / R&D Tax
- Sales / Margin analysis by customer
- Assist in maintaining a well-organized and efficient office space
- Ordering supplies, managing (non-stock) inventory
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Proactive and a self- starter
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong math, financial, and analytical skills
- Good Excel skills & proficient in MS Office
- Experience working within a finance function
- Experience using accounting software Navision and or Xero
- Keen interest in the energy sector and Net Zero
- AAT, ACCA, CIMA or other accounting certifications is a plus
- Salary up to £30k
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Study Leave and exam contributions towards ACCA / CIMA etc. (if desired)
- Mentoring support
- Flexible working
- Volunteering Days
- Life Insurance & Pension
- Ride to work scheme
No Agencies please