We would like to add a technically-minded Product Designer to our Product Team, with experience in building infrastructure applications or dev tools at scale. You will work cross-functionally with experts in software engineering, ML, marketing, our partners and more, in a truly exciting product category. You should be someone who appreciates the merits of an elegant design system while being proficient in writing front-end code for prototyping. Our mission is to become the go-to platform for developers building AI-integrated applications. Therefore, it’s important to us that you approach ambiguous problems as an opportunity for learning; your portfolio should demonstrate how you’ve adapted your design process to achieve the mutual objectives of a business and its user, in a frenetic paced, start-up environment.
To apply for this role you must be currently based in the Bay Area. Note, any applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
What you’ll be working on
- Creating user flows, wireframes, design specs, and other design artifacts to communicate complex concepts, and explain the design rationale behind your decision-making.
- Translating internal feature enhancement intuitions and user actionable insights into early prototypes or high fidelity wireframes, and in turn, to rapidly iterate based on continuous feedback from our users; we use Figma for no-code prototypes and React in our product.
- Applying strong written communication skills to formulate pre-reads to steer alignment and better asynchronous communication.
- Owning and codifying our pattern library for enabling a smoother engineering hand-off and to facilitate greater consistency.
- Providing feedback and guidance to help mentor our junior designer.
- Contributing to whiteboarding and other ideation sessions.
- Showing your work at internal demo days and contribute to design critiques.
- Studying the user experience of direct and in-direct competitor products.
- Working closely with the product and engineering team to identify, plan, scope, and execute an end-to-end user experience.
- Identifying and defining opportunities that will improve the product (including the metrics you will measure), shepherd your design solution through the development process and analyze the results.
- Proactively identifying and unblock knowledge sharing and communication challenges to help scale the design organization.
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria for the engineering backlog.
- Contributing to the brand visual language and to make changes to our website hosted on Webflow.
- Experience designing for developer tools.
- Experience working with distributed or remote teams.
- Experience codifying pattern libraries.
- Proficient in Figma.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with designing for AI/ML interactions.
- Experience in brand design.
- An active interest in UI animation.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Remote and Hybrid Roles
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive Compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- New Hire Remote Setup budget
- Learning & Development budget
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (US only)
- Monthly Wellbeing Budget
- Monthly (virtual) team events
- International in-person company retreats
- Wellbeing/Mental Health leave