Recycling Image Analyst
At Recycleye, we’re using ground-breaking AI combined with automation technology to support the profitable sorting of materials for recycling. We were founded in 2019, and have been growing rapidly ever since, with installations of our technology at leading waste management companies across Europe and the US.
We partner with our clients to help them produce higher quality outputs, transforming the economics of waste sorting and recycling – it's all about our vision to turn the world’s waste into resource. And our work has never been needed more. According to the OECD, only 9% of plastic waste has ever been recycled, so we’re proud that our work helps to make the recycling of waste materials more attractive.
Why choose to work at Recycleye? Our team works together to grow and succeed, driven by our shared values of empowerment, inclusivity, and perseverance. We offer great benefits (which we think punch above our weight), built-in upskilling and unlimited holiday (yes, really).
We know that our mission will be achieved by having the most passionate, driven, talented, and all-around best people on our team. So come and shape the future and help turn trash into treasure!
More about the Role
We are looking for a Recycling Image Analyst to join our busy Machine Learning team and help us continue our growth. As part of the Data sub-team, you will own the acquisition and quality of the data that trains our Machine Learning models to sort waste. You should expect 70% of the time spent in this role to be spent editing labels of images of waste, the rest will be a range of responsibilities and growth opportunities to keep things interesting.
Your efforts will directly determine how well our robots are able to understand how to sort waste correctly. As such, this is really important role for Recycleye, so we need you to operate with a passionate attention to detail and persistence to achieve the highest quality data possible to drive our mission forward.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who'd like to get into the data space. You may have previous experience, or this may be your first role, but if you're good with numbers and have an interest in data, recycling, and machine learning, we'd like to hear from you.
- Work within the Data sub-team to own the process of providing the Machine Learning team with data
- Liaise with external labelling teams to oversee the bulk of the labelling effort
- Collaborate with the Machine Learning team and our Data Engineers to ensure our quality of data is high
- Build an in-depth understanding of trends within our collected data
- Identify new or improved ways of prioritizing how we label our data
- Analyse current robot performance to aid in prioritisation of product development
- Strong interest in data
- Passion for increasing global recycling rates and the work that takes
- Numerically driven background or mentality
- High level of motivation with a structured, results-driven approach
- Ability to prioritize and strong time management skills
- Strong communicator with both internal team and external stakeholders
- An excellent salary that’s both equitable and reviewed regularly
- Shares in the company – each and every Recycleyte is invested in our vision, and we want to give you the opportunity to do so as well, both in your day-to-day as well as in your long-term investment
- Progression: we are growing rapidly and excited for you to make an impact as we do so
- Unlimited holiday – actually, really, and truly (but with a minimum of 25 days)
- A welcoming and inclusive team environment with monthly company-wide socials
- Plenty of opportunities for training and personal development
- Healthcare coverage – Vitality is available from your very first day!