At Safeguard Global we provide all the services necessary for a business to grow its organization globally. We have an opportunity for an experienced leader to manage our accounting, and tax services business in Germany. This leader will manage a small team of accounting professionals dedicated to providing accounting services locally.
In this role, the Accounting Manager delivering finance and accounting outsourcing will be responsible for the following:
- Manage a small team of accounting professionals to deliver high quality, on time, tax compliance and filings for our clients.
- Monitor the individual performance, identifying deficiencies in skill sets to improve training and the overall development of Safeguard talent, complete timely performance reviews.
- Develop exceptional talent, through proactive recruiting plans, careful employee development plans, and timely succession planning maps.
- Prepare month end reports, deliver, and review with client’s CFO as required.
- Prepare budget, perform monthly analysis to actuals and complete variance analysis.
- Perform additional accounting functions as outlined in client contract
- Assist/participate with internal Safeguard and external client audits as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- Thorough working knowledge of German GAAP
- Wirtschaftsprufer designation (Public Accountant)
- Proficient in speaking and writing both German and English required.
- Ability to manage a work from home/hybrid team
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Aptitude for analytical thinking and creative solutions
- Confident decision maker
- Proven relationship building skills.
- Track record of successfully balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.