How would you like to team up with colleagues from the Americas, Europe, and Asia? 🌎 Forget set-in-stone working hours and rules. Instead, choose your own style of delivering results by becoming a Guardian at Safeguard Global.
The role in a nutshell
At Safeguard Global we provide all the services necessary for a business to grow its organization globally. We have an opportunity for an experienced leader to manage our accounting, and tax services business in Germany. This leader will manage a small team of accounting professionals dedicated to providing accounting services locally.
In this role, the Accounting Manager will require to travel to the office located in Bitterfeld at least once per month for team meetings
How you will make a difference:
- Manage a small team of accounting professionals to deliver high quality, on time, tax compliance and filings for our clients.
- Monitor the individual performance, identifying deficiencies in skill sets to improve training and the overall development of Safeguard talent, complete timely performance reviews.
- Develop exceptional talent, through proactive recruiting plans, careful employee development plans, and timely succession planning maps.
- Prepare month end reports, deliver, and review with client’s CFO as required.
- Prepare budget, perform monthly analysis to actuals and complete variance analysis.
- Perform additional accounting functions as outlined in client contract
- Assist/participate with internal Safeguard and external client audits as required
What will give you an advantage:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- Thorough working knowledge of German GAAP
- Wirtschaftsprufer designation (Public Accountant)
- Proficient in speaking and writing both German and English required.
- Ability to manage a work from home/hybrid team
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Aptitude for analytical thinking and creative solutions
- Confident decision maker
- Proven relationship building skills.
- Track record of successfully balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Why become a Guardian:
🌎 International Environment: Our teams are borderless. Interact, collaborate, discover cultures, and expand your personal network beyond your country.
🧑🤝🧑 Our Culture: We are nurturing a workplace where everything you do is in harmony with who you are. Where your ideas will always find their way to our leaders, and your contribution recognized.
🕐 Autonomy & Flexibility (Work in Any Way): As a fellow Guardian, you will decide when, how and where you work best. We value results, not working hours.
🕮 Learning: Even though perfection is impossible to reach, we support everyone striving towards it by providing you access to 2 learning platforms. Learn at your own pace, as much and whatever you need.
✨Valuable Experience: Wherever you go, challenges will await you. At Safeguard Global you will find the “right” challenges to hone you into the ultimate professional.
Who we are and what we do:
Safeguard Global is an international company with multiple offices across the globe. We call ourselves Guardians, and there are over 1600 of us in 25 countries.
As a Work in Any Way company ─ which means we let you decide where and how you work ─ we enable over a thousand organizations to hire, onboard, manage and pay employees in over 165 countries.
It's all about the people. First, we hire the best talent from across the globe, thus allowing you to learn about new cultures and interact with many different people worldwide. We also invest in efficient tools and balance a combination of agile technologies, in-depth local market expertise, and excellent service.
For more information about our solutions, visit: www.safeguardglobal.com
To apply, please click on the following link. We wish you all the best with your application. Should your application meet the requirements of the position we will be in touch.
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.