Payroll Team Leader - Hong Kong
How would you like to team up with colleagues from the Americas, Europe, and Asia? We call ourselves Guardians, and there are over 1800 of us across the world. We understand that each one of our Guardians is unique, each with their own style of working. Our ‘Work in Any Way’ model means you’ll have the freedom to choose where and how you work best.
The role in a nutshell:
The key goal of Payroll Team lead is to work as part of Payroll team within HR Operations Division here at Safeguard Global, India. This role will support the daily tasks and priorities of the Hong kong Payrolls while ensuring that all aspects of the payroll cycle are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
How you will make a difference:
- Manage a team using good people management skills
- Accurate and timely processing of client payrolls; from receipt of payroll changes (via various methods) to timely dispatch and approval of client payroll.
- Ensure appropriate workload allocation, sharing of knowledge, review performance, and instill a culture of continuous improvement and outstanding customer service
- Ensure that business goals are communicated in the team and linked to individual and team objectives
- Provide any required training/development for the team, including developing a structured induction for new starters
- Manage all year-end statutory returns on time
- Work closely with Client and other stakeholders to ensure that processes align and work effectively
- Ensure the payroll system is configured to meet needs as needs/statutory requirements change
- Assist as required with system testing/upgrade requirements
- Producing invoice triggers for accurate client invoicing
- Ensure timely payment to the employees and accurate submissions of payroll, respective statutory filing within the stipulated deadlines
- Increase customer satisfaction/ enhance the customer experience
- Maintain accurate customer records on CRM systems
- Maintain internal reporting requirements
- Develop processes and procedures for the business following customer and business requirements
What will give you an advantage:
- Must be payroll experienced of 9-10 years
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience in managing multiple customers in a payroll/ HR or project management capacity (payroll skills are a distinct advantage)
- Tenacious, organized, and customer focused approach
- Ability to lead a team of people i.e. share knowledge and expertise with colleagues and customers; coaching, development, ad hoc training
- Demonstrable customer service skills
Who we are and what we do:
Safeguard Global is an international company with multiple offices across the globe. We enable over a thousand organizations to hire, onboard, manage and pay employees in over 165 countries. It's all about the people. We hire the best talent from across the globe, allowing you to learn about new cultures and interact with many different people worldwide.
- Autonomy & Flexibility (Work in Any Way): Be supported with as much flexibility as possible.
- Bonding Leave: Enjoy paid leave to bond with your new family member.
- 2 Charitable Days: Contribute to causes you believe in.
- Reward & Recognition Program: Be rewarded for your success and championing our values.
- Corporate bonus/SIP: All Guardians are eligible for our annual bonus scheme or sales incentive plan.
Why become a Guardian:
- International Environment: Grow your network internationally and collaborate across the world. Interact, discover cultures, and tap into local expertise.
- Our Culture: We emphasize the human factor in everything we do. We’re proud of our nurturing culture. A culture where your ideas will always find their way to our leaders, and your contribution recognized.
- Learning: We support your continuous growth by providing access to 2 learning platforms, where you can learn at your own pace.
To apply, please click on the following link. We wish you the best with your application. Should your application meet the position's requirements, we will be in touch to arrange the next stage, or we will update you if you have been unsuccessful.
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.