At Safeguard Global, our vision is to forever transform the way people work around the world. We are a leading HR and Payroll outsourcing company on a mission to equip our clients to adapt to an ever-shifting global market. With over 900 clients and across 15 global offices, we enable organizations to hire, onboard and pay employees in more than 165 countries. Whether it is helping companies become multi-national powerhouses or taking care of payroll for organizations as they expand, Safeguard Global is here to help.
The Credit Controller is a critical thinker responsible for ensuring timely collection of debts that will allow for revenue maximization.
In this role, you will work closely with departments across company, including Sales, Finance, Operations, Account Management and Data Management to coordinate efficient resolution of queries that are preventing clients from paying on time.
The role requires sharp analytical skills, the ability to think outside of the box, and a passion for solving complex problems.
- Responsible for the maintenance and collection of accounts receivable for all assigned customer accounts
- Take a proactive role in managing collections, ensuring timely and efficient collections of company’s accounts receivables
- Conduct regular debt review meetings with key stakeholders
- Manage client relationships, responding to internal and external queries in a timely manner
- Listen to clients and collaborate to create a strategy that works with business needs and schedules to ensure bills are repaid quickly and effectively with minimal disruption to services
- Answer all client inquiries regarding invoices, including inquiries on services and payment options to help them understand their options
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with internal customers, including Sales, Finance, Operations, Account Management and Data Management or any other departments.
- Produce routine reports, client status updates, and summaries for management and customers as required
- Discusses delinquent accounts with management as needed
- Make phone calls to collect/resolve past due balances and log all activity in individual customer files and accounts
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for digging into the data to understand and resolve complex issues
- Excellent client service skills, with an ability to maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of communicating complicated issues effectively
- Exceptional organization, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to focus on the bigger picture while paying careful attention to the details
- Ability to work well with cross-multinational teams
- Demonstrated ability to perform consistently under varying business pressure as well as ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office software, with a focus on Excel
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- SAP and QuickBooks systems knowledge is a big plus
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.