How would you like to team up with colleagues from the Americas, Europe, and Asia? 🌎 Forget set-in-stone working hours and rules. Instead, choose your own style of delivering results by becoming a Guardian at Safeguard Global.
The role in a nutshell
Safeguard Global is looking for an Associate Counsel to join its in-house legal team. In this role, you will advise on a variety of legal and business matters with a focus on commercial contracts.
This position is 100% remote.
How you will make a difference:
- Reviewing, revising and negotiating commercial contract, amendments, and data protection agreements and addenda and supporting deal process and execution
- Reviewing, redlining and negotiating partnership and supplier contracts
- Ensuring transactional documents and company actions and initiatives comply with applicable legal requirements and company policies, including data protection regulations
- Create and revise organizational documents, including articles of incorporation, PoAs, Certificates, and minutes.
- Work collaboratively with Sales focused on providing support and ensuring efficiency in the negotiation process.
- Developing and providing internal training to employees relating to various transactional issues.
- Identifying and analyzing legal issues and developing and effectively communicating sound, understandable legal and business recommendations to the appropriate business managers.
- Participating in a collaborative manner in cross-functional business teams to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex business issues and process improvements.
- Assist with disputes and liaison with outside litigation counsel as needed
- Opportunity to gain experience as member and contributor to industry trade organizations and other duties as assigned by the Director of Legal
What will give you an advantage:
- 1-7 years of experience in the legal field
- J.D. degree and admission to a State Bar active law license in one U.S. state or District of Columbia
- ability to make well-reasoned legal and business judgments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to succinctly and positively influence others
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage projects or requests from internal client groups in a high-demand and fast-paced environment
- Hands on attitude and a “results-oriented” mentality
- Willingness to learn new areas of law, acquire new skills, and take on additional or new responsibilities on an as-needed basis
- Understanding of data privacy principles (GDPR, CCPA and U.K. privacy law) is preferred
- Law firm experience is preferred
Why become a Guardian:
🌎 International Environment: Our teams are borderless. Interact, collaborate, discover cultures, and expand your personal network beyond your country.
🧑🤝🧑 Our Culture: We are nurturing a workplace where everything you do is in harmony with who you are. Where your ideas will always find their way to our leaders, and your contribution recognized.
🕐 Autonomy & Flexibility (Work in Any Way): As a fellow Guardian, you will decide when, how and where you work best. We value results, not working hours.
🕮 Learning: Even though perfection is impossible to reach, we support everyone striving towards it by providing you access to 2 learning platforms. Learn at your own pace, as much and whatever you need.
✨Valuable Experience: Wherever you go, challenges will await you. At Safeguard Global you will find the “right” challenges to hone you into the ultimate professional.
Who we are and what we do:
Safeguard Global is an international company with multiple offices across the globe. We call ourselves Guardians, and there are over 1600 of us in 25 countries.
As a Work in Any Way company ─ which means we let you decide where and how you work ─ we enable over a thousand organizations to hire, onboard, manage and pay employees in over 165 countries.
It's all about the people. First, we hire the best talent from across the globe, thus allowing you to learn about new cultures and interact with many different people worldwide. We also invest in efficient tools and balance a combination of agile technologies, in-depth local market expertise, and excellent service.
For more information about our solutions, visit: www.safeguardglobal.com
To apply, please click on the following link. We wish you all the best with your application. Should your application meet the requirements of the position we will be in touch.
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.