Payroll Specialist - Philippines
How would you like to team up with colleagues from the Americas, Europe, and Asia? We call ourselves Guardians, and there are over 1800 of us across the world. We understand that each one of our Guardians is unique, each with their own style of working. Our ‘Work in Any Way’ model means you’ll have the freedom to choose where and how you work best.
The role in a nutshell:
As a Payroll Specialist, you will play a critical role in ensuring the accurate and timely processing of payroll for our clients in New Zealand. You will be responsible for handling various payroll tasks, including data entry, calculations, compliance, and client communication. This role demands attention to detail, a strong understanding of New Zealand payroll regulations, and excellent customer service skills.
How you will make a difference:
- Accurately process and manage payroll for multiple clients, ensuring all calculations, deductions, and statutory requirements are met.
- Enter payroll data, including timesheets, employee information, and other relevant data into the payroll system.
- Stay up to date with New Zealand payroll laws and regulations, ensuring compliance in all payroll processes.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients, addressing payroll-related inquiries and providing exceptional customer service.
- Administer employee benefits, such as KiwiSaver, accurately and in accordance with regulations.
- Generate and distribute payroll reports as required by clients and management.
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies and issues, collaborating with relevant parties as needed.
- Execute year-end payroll processes, including reconciliation and preparation of relevant documents.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and ensure data confidentiality.
What will give you an advantage:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related field (preferred).
- Proven experience as a Payroll Specialist or in a similar payroll role.
- In-depth knowledge of New Zealand payroll legislation and tax regulations.
- Proficiency in payroll software and MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- High level of integrity and commitment to data privacy
Why become a Guardian:
International Environment: Grow your network internationally and collaborate across the world. Interact, discover cultures, and tap into local expertise.
Our Culture: We emphasize the human factor in everything we do. We’re proud of our nurturing culture. A culture where your ideas will always find their way to our leaders, and your contribution recognized.
Autonomy & Flexibility (Work in Any Way): We empower you with as much flexibility as possible with how and where you work best. We value results, not working hours.
Learning: We support your continuous growth by providing access to 2 learning platforms, where you can learn at your own pace.
We appreciate you: There are lots of great reasons to join us, but we’re proud that all Guardians are eligible to join the annual bonus scheme or sales incentive plan.
Who we are and what we do:
Safeguard Global is an international company with multiple offices across the globe. We enable over a thousand organizations to hire, onboard, manage and pay employees in over 165 countries. It's all about the people. We hire the best talent from across the globe, allowing you to learn about new cultures and interact with many different people worldwide.
To apply, please click on the following link. We wish you the best with your application. Should your application meet the position's requirements, we will be in touch to arrange the next stage, or we will update you if you have been unsuccessful.
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.