Information Security Officer
Information Security Officer
How would you like to team up with colleagues from the Americas, Europe, and Asia? We have a ‘work in any way model’ which encourages you to break free from the norm. Choose your own style of delivering results by becoming a Guardian at Safeguard Global.
This Role in a Nutshell:
The selected candidate will be an integral part of the Information Security Team and will be responsible for establishing and integrating industry-leading information security policies, standards, and processes. This will be based on recognized frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF), CIS 1 and 2.
This role primarily involves advising and enabling technical teams in making sound security decisions. The individual will provide valuable advice and guidance, ensuring the efficient utilization of common tools and patterns. They will take a proactive approach to contribute to the implementation of secure systems and collaborate closely with Product, Change, Risk, IT teams, and external vendors to effectively implement proportionate controls.
How you will make a difference in this role:
- Develop, implement, and maintain information security policies, procedures, and controls in line with industry standards and regulatory requirements. ISO 27001 and 27002, NIST, GDPR, HIPAA, CIS, SOC 2.
- Manage the process of identifying, evaluating, and reporting on information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and execute IT security projects, including the integration of security into the development lifecycle of IT projects.
- Secure AWS cloud environments, including implementing security best practices, managing Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies, and monitoring for security incidents.
- Review Infrastructure as Code (IaC) security by implementing policy-as-code, and ensuring secure configuration management practices.
- Protect application security through vulnerability assessments, secure coding practices, and regular security testing.
- Secure network infrastructure by SIEM firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and secure network architectures. Monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity.
- Manage IT and end-device security, including anti-malware implementation, patch management, and security configuration.
- Liaise with legal, compliance, and audit staff as well as other internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the organization has all necessary information security measures in place.
- Lead internal and external audits; collaborate with auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance. Be the point of contact for all security audits and assessments.
- Conduct security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with information security policies.
- Oversee security incident response planning, as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Conduct regular security assessments and report on security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems. Develop strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations.
- Evaluate, recommend, and oversee the deployment of security tools and technologies to enhance data protection.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in information security, compliance, and risk management.
- Professional security management certification, such as Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Preferable and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) are preferred
- Good to have Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), not mandatory
- In-depth knowledge of information security frameworks , data privacy laws, and regulations.
- Experience with cloud security, particularly in AWS environments, including knowledge of AWS security services and best practices.
- Experience with Cloud platforms is must, preferably AWS.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and related security practices.
- Experience with application security, including secure coding practices and tools.
- Familiarity with network security technologies and best practices.
- Proven experience in managing security audits, compliance reviews, and vulnerability assessments.
- Strong project management, communication, and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make well-judged decisions.
- Autonomy & Flexibility (Work in Any Way): Be supported with as much flexibility as possible.
- Bonding Leave: Enjoy paid leave to bond with your new family member.
- 2 Charitable Days: Contribute to causes you believe in.
- Reward & Recognition Program: Be rewarded for your success and championing our values.
- Corporate bonus/SIP: All Guardians are eligible for our annual bonus scheme or sales incentive plan.
- Healthcare plan: Plan starts on day one.
Why become a Guardian:
🌎 International Environment: Grow your network internationally and collaborate across the world. Interact, discover cultures, and tap into local expertise.
🧑🤝🧑 Our Culture: We emphasize the human factor in everything we do. We’re proud of our nurturing culture. A culture where your ideas will always find their way to our leaders, and your contribution recognized.
🕐 Autonomy & Flexibility (Work in Any Way): We empower you with as much flexibility as possible with how and where you work best. We value results, not working hours.
🕮 Learning: We support your continuous growth by providing access to 2 learning platforms, where you can learn at your own pace.
✨Valuable Experience: There are lots of great reasons to join us, but we’re proud that all Guardians are eligible to join the annual bonus scheme or sales incentive plan.
Who we are and what we do:
Safeguard Global is an international company with multiple offices across the globe. We enable over a thousand organizations to hire, onboard, manage and pay employees in over 165 countries. It's all about the people. We hire the best talent from across the globe, allowing you to learn about new cultures and interact with many different people worldwide.
It's all about the people. First, we hire the best talent from across the globe, thus allowing you to learn about new cultures and interact with many different people worldwide. We also invest in efficient tools and balance a combination of agile technologies, in-depth local market expertise, and excellent service.
For more information about our solutions, visit: www.safeguardglobal.com
To apply, please click on the following link. We wish you all the best with your application. Should your application meet the requirements of the position we will be in touch.
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.