Director of Accounting
Director of Accounting
How would you like to team up with colleagues from the Americas, Europe, and Asia? We call ourselves Guardians, and there are over 1800 of us across the world. We understand that each one of our Guardians is unique, each with their own style of working. Our ‘Work in Any Way’ model means you’ll have the freedom to choose where and how you work best.
The role in a nutshell:
This role is a key position within the organization and responsible for managing the trading accounting function for the company. You will be responsible for overseeing the teams completing accounting work on the main trading entities of the company. The role involves a ‘sleeves up’ approach, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and be able to adapt processes and policies as the business grows.
How you will make a difference:
- Oversee the production of the main trading accounts for senior leadership team.
- Clearly communicate finance policies and procedures across the organisation, and why they exist.
- Management of the accounting and compliance of three trading entities.
- Manage five direct reports
- Ensure that the financial risks facing the business are well understood and effectively mitigated.
- Drive efficiencies and methodology changes across your team. Driving best practice and industry excellence.
- Assist on group consolidations and annual statutory audit.
- Create strong controls and defined procedures for balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide recommendations for more efficient processes and systems taking advantage of automation and creating a robust finance function to support business growth.
What will give you an advantage:
- CPA would be an advantage
- Ideally looking for your next upward step in your career. We are an organisation on the upward trajectory and keen to harness progressing talent
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Ability to present financial information in a clear and informative manner
- Innovative and creative
- Experience of managing teams, as working with non-finance and operational managers
- Experience of group consolidations, including overseas trading entities with foreign currency exposure
- Although not essential, experience in a PE/VC backed environment helpful
- Enthusiastic with a proactive personality and 'yes, how?' approach
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Who we are and what we do:
Safeguard Global is an international company with multiple offices across the globe. We enable over a thousand organizations to hire, onboard, manage and pay employees in over 165 countries. It's all about the people. We hire the best talent from across the globe, allowing you to learn about new cultures and interact with many different people worldwide.
- Autonomy & Flexibility (Work in Any Way): Be supported with as much flexibility as possible.
- Bonding Leave: Enjoy paid leave to bond with your new family member.
- 2 Charitable Days: Contribute to causes you believe in.
- Reward & Recognition Program: Be rewarded for your success and championing our values.
- Corporate bonus/SIP: All Guardians are eligible for our annual bonus scheme or sales incentive plan.
Why become a Guardian:
- International Environment: Grow your network internationally and collaborate across the world. Interact, discover cultures, and tap into local expertise.
- Our Culture: We emphasize the human factor in everything we do. We’re proud of our nurturing culture. A culture where your ideas will always find their way to our leaders, and your contribution recognized.
- Learning: We support your continuous growth by providing access to 2 learning platforms, where you can learn at your own pace.
To apply, please click on the following link. We wish you the best with your application. Should your application meet the position's requirements, we will be in touch to arrange the next stage, or we will update you if you have been unsuccessful.
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.