Senior DevOps Engineer: Kubernetes
🌱Are you a bright, motivated self-starter? 💡 Would you enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative team, building and innovating on your ideas? 🚀 Do you want to be part of an exciting, fast-moving environment at the forefront of cybersecurity technology? 👇 If the answer is yes, then keep reading!
At SenseOn, our mission is to design and build the security architecture of the future. We provide our customers with the most comprehensive defence against cybersecurity threats; for every user and asset in an organisation, wherever the location. Since our founding in 2017, we've been working hard to make a difference in our industry, receiving great recognition for our work, and we're now starting to scale. Having recently closed a very successful Series A funding round, we are looking for innovative and driven individuals who want to make an impact and enhance our momentum!
The role and the team:
SenseOn is looking for an ambitious and self-starter DevOps engineer who can play an integral role in building cloud-native architectures in Kubernetes, from configuring and managing DataBases to building the continuous deployment pipelines and monitoring solution of Kubernetes clusters. The successful delivery of this project will enable us to deploy our product in a scalable fashion and transform the way we provision our security appliances. The SenseOn product is a complex Linux-based system that ingests and analyses large volumes of data from multiple different sources in real-time. It is installed in a variety of different customer environments and must be as reliable as it is sophisticated.
What you'll be doing:
- Contributing to the design of the new platform
- Implementing, monitoring solutions while integrating them with the centralised infrastructure
- Applying security controls and governance in Kubernetes clusters
- Creating and managing highly available systems on Kubernetes
- Writing pipelines to bootstrap clusters and deploy distributed application workloads.
- Working with AWS and writing IaC (Terraform)
- Troubleshooting issues and providing technical support where necessary
- Ensure the project follows industry’s best practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Infrastructure as Code experience, especially Terraform
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Python/C++/Go
- Experience with modern CI/CD platforms
- 3+ years in running production-grade Kubernetes clusters in cloud providers (AWS,GCP,AWS)
- Good knowledge of Hashicorp Vault
- Experience in using Prometheus and Grafana or equivalent tools
Additional 'nice to haves':
- Configured and managed complicated StatefulSet workloads (DataBases)
- Experience with security and governance tools in Kubernetes
- Worked with Kubernetes Service Mesh technologies
- Experience with data ingestion and data storage at scale
- Multi Tenancy in Kubernetes
- Experience with high speed network capture technologies
What we'll offer you:
- A huge opportunity to build your career path in a rapidly-growing company, having just raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in Europe
- Training and career development with the best in the industry
- Remote work with access to London-based office as desired
- 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Private healthcare plan
- Pension plan
An introduction to the CTO
"Hi I'm James, I’ve been developing cyber defence platforms for major corporate and government organisations across the world for 8 years, specialising in the development of highly- concurrent, very high-speed network data processing software. I’ve led teams in the development of cutting-edge cyber capability from the UK to New Zealand, and I’m really passionate about SenseOn’s fundamentally new approach to the problem!"
Something looks off?