Senior Data Scientist
About Signal AI
We're on a mission to change the way businesses make decisions with our cutting-edge AI technology. To achieve that, we’re looking for passionate people to join our open and unconventional workplace. Our inclusive environment welcomes skills and experiences from diverse backgrounds and defines who we are.
We are very excited to be expanding our global footprint to the vibrant city of Lisbon this year. This role will be one of our founding Portugal-based employees.
Salary band: 40,000-55,000 EUR
About the role and team
As a Senior AI Researcher, you will be a core player in the growth of our platform and of the products built on top of it. You will work within one of our platform teams to innovate, collaborate, and iterate in developing solutions to difficult problems. Our teams are autonomous and cross-functional, encompassing every role required to build and improve on our products in whatever way we see best. You will be hands-on working on end-to-end product development cycles from discovery to deployment. This encompasses helping your team discover problems and explore the feasibility and value of potential ML-driven solutions; building prototype solutions and conducting offline and online experiments for validation; collaborating with engineers and product managers on bringing further iterations for those solutions into the products through integration, deployment and scaling. You will be involved in setting the team’s objectives and key results, in monitoring product metrics, and in analysing changes in metrics and user behaviour.
This particular role will initially be within a team whose responsibilities include effectiveness and efficiency of our labelling processes and tool, training, monitoring and deployment of systems and models for entity linking, text classification and sentiment analysis, among others, across multiple data types. This team also works closely with the operation teams to ensure systems and models are properly maintained.
- You’re an outcome-driven data scientist who can take ownership of work from inception to delivery.
- You have 5 years of industrial experience in delivering business impact by developing products to solve user problems using ML and/or NLP.
- You have good communication skills with the ability to proactively liaise with key technical and non-technical stakeholders across the organisation.
- You have demonstrated software development skills in Python and you are comfortable pairing with engineers delivering value to the product.
- You have an MSc in a field related to Data Science, Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning.
- PhD in a field related to Data Science, Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining deep learning models in production
- Industrial experience using AWS or similar offerings
Don’t meet every single requirement listed? Academic research has shown that women or people of other underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Signal AI, we know that diverse teams perform better so if your experience doesn’t fit perfectly but you’re excited about this role, we’d love for you to apply anyway.
We’re committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where Signallers feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they thrive in being their true selves.
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy with 2-3 days remote per week, plus Summer & Winter fully remote blocks wherever works for you, including abroad;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement;
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies;
- Access to free therapists via Spill