Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Product Marketing Manager
Boston/New York - Hybrid
As the leader in Data Creation, Snowplow empowers more than 10,000 organisations, including Strava, Burberry, Condé Nast and Flickr to create first-party customer behavioual data to unlock transformative AI and advanced analytics directly from their warehouse, lakehouse or in a real-time stream.
Snowplow was founded with the belief that data teams should spend their time innovating and driving competitive advantage, not extracting and wrangling behavioral data from CDP’s or digital analytics platforms.
Following our $40 million in Series B funding led by global venture capital firm, NEA, whose prior investments include Databricks, MongoDB, and Elastic, we are on the lookout for more creative and innovative individuals to help us shape our next chapter.
Snowplow is the only Customer Data Collection pipeline underwriting Data Quality, Reliability, and Compliance in real-time for Warehouse-Native analytics, at scale. As the #1 utilized independent event tracker (and 3rd globally behind Meta and Google), Snowplow has a significant footprint in the data industry, and we are not looking to slow down. With the compliance and privacy landscape changing, we see a huge opportunity for first-party customer data and we are looking for a Martech Product Marketing Manager (also known as PMM) to sit within our Marketing organization, reporting directly to our Head of Product and Partner Marketing. You’ll work closely with our product, partnerships, sales and marketing teams to develop martech product marketing materials, content and campaign initiatives related to our products and services to both win new business and serve existing customers.
We’re an ambitious, enthusiastic team and are looking for someone to join us who wants to combine a mixture of creative thinking and technical expertise. You will have good experience in delivering strong product marketing in a technical environment and bring the skills to be able to hit the ground running.
What you’ll be doing:
● Develop messaging and content for our products, specifically how they relate and impact the martech industry and use cases that is thought provoking, educational, easy to understand and speaks clearly to our customer base
● Collaborate on the go-to-market strategy and drive the content and positioning aspects from concept to launch
● Plan and execute successful product releases + launches with a specific focus on how these impact the marketing persona with parallel sales enablement and ongoing marketing campaigns that serve to educate customers & prospects on the benefits of Snowplow
● Identify industry trends and moments to raise Snowplow’s profile, specific to to the Martech industry landscape
● Work very closely with the partner teams as they build out joint products and solutions, mapping enablement for both Snowplow sellers and partner sales teams
● Working with our sales teams to build accurate personas through win/loss and customer interview.
● Work cross-functionally to improve the visibility of product marketing efforts; developing a continuous flow of communication between the product, marketing, customer and sales teams
● Drive and implement changes on our website to reflect our go to market strategies● Develop a competitive analysis that provides valuable insight into the broader market
● Refine Snowplow’s packaging based on a deep understanding of our customers, market trends, and our product
● Champion and deliver a sales enablement program to ensure sales teams have everything they need for every part of the customer journey. Educate them on our competitors, market trends, product positioning and new product features
We’d love to hear from you if:
● The idea of working for a growing startup excites you!You have a passion for marketing with 2+ years experience in a product marketing role (technical martech understanding is a must)
● Experience releasing products and services to new and existing markets
● Outstanding written communications skills with ability to translate complex concepts and technology into simple and intuitive messaging
● Acting as the bridge between all internal teams (Product, Marketing Sales, Partner), you have an ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with different teams
● You are proactive and comfortable working under limited supervision and guidance, you don’t require hand-holding
● Excellent time management, organisation and project prioritisation skills
● Deep understanding of technical audiences within the market, you are able to communicate with engineers, analysts, PMs, CIOs and similar positions. You are adaptable and don’t mind working in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment
● Experience developing and executing go-to-market plans for B2B companies with horizontal/infrastructural technology is a plus, though not required to succeed in this position
● Approach all projects with a customer-first, data-driven mindset
What you get in return for being awesome:
💰 A competitive package, including share options
🧘 Flexible working
🏖 23 days of holiday a year (plus 11 bank holidays, including Juneteenth)
🛫 Fantastic company Away Week in a different city each year
🫂 Mental health support including therapy sessions
💻 MacBook and home office equipment allowance
🏥 Medical, dental and vision insurance
📋Short & long term disability insurance
1 week of volunteering a year for a cause you feel passionate about
👪 Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave
🔥 Access and perks via MMC Recommendation platform
😎 Plus many more!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.