Senior Sales Engineer
Sales & Business Development
London, UK · Greater London, UK
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Senior Sales Engineer
London - Hybrid
As the leader in Data Creation, Snowplow empowers more than 10,000 organizations, including Strava, Autotrader, and Flickr to purposefully create behavioral data to unlock transformative AI and advanced analytics directly from their warehouse, data lake or in a real-time stream.
Snowplow was founded with the belief that data teams should spend their time innovating, not extracting and wrangling behavioral data from CDP’s or analytics platforms.
Following our $40 million in Series B funding led by global venture capital firm, NEA, whose prior investments include Databricks, Cloudflare, and DataRobot, we are on the lookout for more creative and innovative individuals to help us shape our next chapter.
This role sits in our Sales organization and will report into our VP, Global Sales Engineering. As a Sales Engineer, you will work alongside a talented team of Account Executives, supported by a strong Operations and Enablement function, to define the processes and materials required to win over new prospects.
Our Sales Engineers are not just Snowplow Product experts, but are functional experts in the Modern Data Stack and Digital Analytics, often becoming trusted advisors to our prospects along the way. We are looking for Senior Sales Engineers who can continue to raise the bar and be a significant contributor in driving adoption of Snowplow.
What you’ll be doing:
● Find the opportunity - Working closely with our Account Executives to identify potential use cases in key verticals such as retail, media, B2B, and others.
● You’re a chameleon - Work with our Account Executives to design and deliver bespoke pitches and demos for different prospect stakeholders such a Heads of Data, CMOs, data practitioners, and marketing analysts.
● Customize way - Tailor product built demos to the specifics of the client, taking into account use case, vertical, and specific details shared during discovery.
● Question? You have the answer -Becoming a Snowplow product expert to answer technical Q&A with our prospects.
● You’re a master of alignment - Develop an understanding of the business problems faced by a prospect and identify the underlying technical issues. Work with prospects to align on a technical solution and data strategy with Snowplow at its core.
● Talk data to me - Using your broad domain knowledge of the technology landscape to show prospects where Snowplow could fit in their data stack and the power of our Digital Analytics approach.
● Don’t follow the crowd, lead it - Support the wider Go to Market team with technical thought leadership with the expertise you understand from gathering prospect intelligence.
What you bring to the team:
● You’re no stranger to a solution - Proven experience with 12+ years of Sales Engineering, Solutions Consulting, or Solutions Architecture at a SaaS company. We are open to hearing from you if you have deep domain experience in Digital Analytics and shrewd commercial acumen.
● Spinning plates? No problem! - You are highly organized and able to manage your time effectively. Working with multiple prospects at any given time, you are able to coordinate with the technical teams at Snowplow so as to best support the Account Executives. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
● Hand me the mic - You are a clear and confident communicator and presenter. You are experienced in presenting projects or solutions to business stakeholders of all levels. You have experience communicating with data and marketing professionals.
● You like to dive into the tech - You have strong technical skills and professional experience with front end web and mobile app development, data warehouses, ETL / data pipelines, data analysis and modeling. It would be awesome if you had knowledge of GA4 and Digital Analytics and have sold into marketing organizations.
What you get in return for being awesome:
💰A competitive package, including share options
🧘 Flexible working
🏖A generous holiday allowance no matter where you are in the world
🛫 Fantastic company Away Week in a different city each year
🫂 Mental health support including therapy sessions
💻 MacBook and home office equipment allowance
🚴♀️Cycle to work scheme
🎉Fun office with regular socials and all the snacks and drinks you can manage
1 week of volunteering a year for a cause you feel passionate about
👪 Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave
🔥 Access and perks via MMC Recommendation platform
😎 Plus many more!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.