Technical Account Manager
IT, Sales & Business Development
London, UK · Greater London, UK
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Technical Account Manager
As the leader in Data Creation, Snowplow empowers more than 10,000 organisations, including Strava, Burberry, Condé Nast and Flickr to create first-party customer behavioual data to unlock transformative AI and advanced analytics directly from their warehouse, lakehouse or in a real-time stream.
Snowplow was founded with the belief that data teams should spend their time innovating and driving competitive advantage, not extracting and wrangling behavioral data from CDP’s or digital analytics platforms.
Following our $40 million in Series B funding led by global venture capital firm, NEA, whose prior investments include Databricks, MongoDB, and Elastic, we are on the lookout for more creative and innovative individuals to help us shape our next chapter.
This role sits in our Customer Office team, reporting into the Head of Professional Services. The role requires you to be both technical and customer facing, with a main focus of providing consultative and advisory support to customers. As a Technical Account Manager, it is absolutely essential that you are curious about our customers and the problems they are trying to solve, while being able to use your technical and data aptitude to solve their needs.
At Snowplow we see activating our customers as one of the most important functions of our business in terms of retaining and delighting customers. We aim to deeply understand the business and data outcomes that our customers want to see and design implementations of our product around this.
We are currently looking to hire a consultative, data-driven, technical, customer-facing people to join the Customer Delivery team. So if you are excited about working in a fast-paced environment, developing a deep understanding of how companies architect their data stack, and helping companies use data to drive business decisions, then we would love to hear from you.
We work directly with data teams to enable them on the Snowplow product, co-design and develop solutions, implement use cases and quantify business value. Collaboration with cross functional teams is key in defining strategy and value to Snowplow’s current customer base by working closely with cross-functional teams to consult and advise on areas to optimize customer’s current state and develop areas for use case expansion.
The role gives you a unique opportunity to be in a team that interacts with numerous internal departments including Engineering, Product, Sales and Marketing.
What you'll be doing:
• Partnering with various Snowplow team members to support customer accounts, requiring them to deliver value with data given their organizational complexity, through collaborative measures.
• Provide consultation and advisory support to customers regarding solutions and use case development, by providing actionable execution of success criteria and solutioning complex problems.
• Educating, retaining and growing our customers through delivering tailored workshops and advisory sessions to our customers.
• Develop collaboratively, with our Solution Architects, the technical artefacts that support organisational success of Snowplow (data models, data product design specs, tracking strategies, etc). Support the creation of customer-facing documentation and suggest process improvements within the Customer Office.
• Develop domain expertise in our key verticals through deep customer collaborations, general research and attending industry events/conferences.
• Interacting successfully with individuals at all levels of the organization, including executives both within Snowplow and within the customer.
• Work closely with the Customer Success team in supporting the development of a long-term strategy and roadmap for continual activation and adoption of Snowplow’s products.
• Lead and support larger scale or enterprise-wide level onboardings and projects while problem-solving difficult challenges with known and unknown solutions.
• Lead and/or support in administrative processes, which may include new and/or existing internal initiatives, designed to drive efficiencies and optimizations within the Professional Services and Customer Office teams.
•Be fluent in the technology and able to train newer team members.
What you bring to the team:
• Data is your thing. Experience and a solid understanding of the data space - cloud infrastructure, database technologies, visualisation tools and other enabling technologies in the modern data stack. You’ll know SQL and have data modelling experience and be practised at manipulating data.
• Consultative approach. Experience with direct responsibility to consult and manage a customer portfolio for continual success. Be emotionally intelligent, you can quickly read a room of stakeholders and adopt your delivery style and content quickly, advising them of what conceptual ideas look like and how to put them into practice.
• Creative Problem Solver. Previous experience with a complex software product, ideally designing solutions and gathering requirements, you are comfortable communicating with senior technical stakeholders (CTO, VP Eng, Tech Leads).
• Business challenge? Let me help. A passion for working at the intersection of technology and business problems - this role is always about delivering business impact for our customers through data. You enjoy helping individuals and teams to learn new skills and master technologies.
• Excellent communication skills. Excellent listener, a patient teacher and an empathetic data professional. You make complex concepts easy to understand by showing how they work in practice. You’ll also be a pro-active team player that collaborates with colleagues on projects.
Ideal, but not essential:
• Previous experience of using Snowplow, whether Snowplow BDP or open source.
• Experience working either client-side or agency-side as an analyst, analytics engineer, data engineer, data consultant or data scientist.
What you get in return for being awesome:
💰A competitive package, including share options
🧘 Flexible working
🏖A generous holiday allowance no matter where you are in the world
🛫 Fantastic company Away Week in a different city each year
🫂 Mental health support including therapy sessions
💻 MacBook and home office equipment allowance
🚴♀️Cycle to work scheme
🎉Fun office with regular socials and all the snacks and drinks you can manage
1 week of volunteering a year for a cause you feel passionate about
👪 Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave
🔥 Access and perks via MMC Recommendation platform
😎 Plus many more!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.