London, UK · Greater London, UK
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Located in UK / Europe - Remote
As the leader in Data Creation, Snowplow empowers more than 10,000 organisations, including Strava, Burberry, Condé Nast and Flickr to create first-party customer behavioural data to unlock transformative AI and advanced analytics directly from their warehouse, lakehouse or in a real-time stream.
Snowplow was founded with the belief that data teams should spend their time innovating and driving competitive advantage, not extracting and wrangling behavioural data from CDP’s or digital analytics platforms.
Following our $40 million in Series B funding led by global venture capital firm, NEA, whose prior investments include Databricks, MongoDB, and Elastic, we are on the lookout for more creative and innovative individuals to help us shape our next chapter.
The way companies are using and organising around data is changing dramatically. behavioural data is potentially an incredibly valuable asset for organisations, but getting driving value from it can be incredibly complex. At Snowplow, we build innovative technology to solve those challenges for our customers, so they can effectively create value with behavioural data.
We are solving problems that haven’t been solved yet, by any provider. From a design perspective that means we’re in exciting greenfield territory - we need to learn, design and iterate our way to solutions.
As only the second designer in our team you’ll be working on solving problems that have a big impact on how our customers experience our product. You’ll lead initiatives from well-scoped iterative feature improvements, to exploratory design to solve problems in complex spaces.
We’re a small, but growing, team and there are plenty of interesting problems to solve and plenty of room for growth for you.
You’ll love this role if...
● You are passionate about product design as a whole, and lean more towards complex problem solving, than visual design and aesthetics.
● You’re happy being self-driven and working in some ambiguity - we’re a small design team and we are still working on establishing repeatable processes.
● You love taking on responsibility over your work - you’ll have ownership of high-impact projects and autonomy about how you complete them.
● You understand the importance of using research to inform your work, and the importance of testing your work with customers.
● You are passionate about data and how data can be used
What you’ll be doing
By the end of month 1 you’ll have explored the world of behavioural data and the product we’ve developed to solve our customers problems as well as taking a share of the responsibility for designing solutions for some known problems. You’ll also be getting familiar with our design system, your colleagues and the wider teams.
By three months you’ll have a strong understanding of our product & process and how design plays in it. You’ll be applying this and collaborating with your colleagues to solve some of the interesting problems on our roadmap.
By six months you’ll be a well-established member of the design team, delivering value to customers by designing solutions to their complex problems and helping them execute better with their behavioural data.
Who we are looking for
● A product designer who is comfortable working autonomously with some guidance. This likely means 5+ years of experience working in product design, ideally in the B2B space.
● You’re able to provide examples of your experience in designing across the product development process. From understanding the problem space, to collaborating with others to deliver great product work.
● You are familiar with the working dynamic between product management, engineering, research and design and can work cross-functionally and partner with teams across the company.
● Capability to work in modern design tools, run research and usability testing on solutions, and collaborate with peers and stakeholders.
You are familiar with designing for the technology space; and even better the data space.
What you get in return for being awesome:
💰 A competitive package, including share options
🧘 Flexible working
🏖️ A generous holiday allowance no matter where you are in the world
🫂 Mental health support including therapy sessions
💻 MacBook and home office equipment allowance
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🎉 Fun office with regular socials and all the snacks and drinks you can manage
1 week of volunteering a year for a cause you feel passionate about
👪 Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.