The Supercritical mission
The climate crisis is the single-biggest threat to humanity. Our mission is to be the global carbon removal partner for the world’s most innovative and disruptive companies. We're building software to enable companies to understand their climate impact and purchase high quality carbon removal offsets. We are thrilled to have recently raised our $13m Series A, led by Lightspeed Ventures to accelerate this journey.
Join us to help carbon removal technologies to scale so that the planet is ready for net zero by 2050! Come and help us save the planet!
Why is carbon removal critical?
Carbon removal includes nature-based solutions like biochar and cutting-edge technologies that literally pull carbon from the sky and store it underground for millennia. We need to scale to remove 10 billion tons a year by 2050 to stay below 1.5 degrees of warming. This is over 14,000x the rate we are removing carbon at today. We've only removed a few thousand tonnes to date. This will be a trillion dollar industry by 2050.
- Diary management: At the start of the month you’ll set priorities with the CEO and understand how they like to spend their time. You’re responsible for holding them accountable and prioritising their calendar accordingly. You will also be responsible for diary and admin assistance to Aaron (CTO, cofounder) and Toby (COO) as needed.
- Inbox triaging: Take ownership of inboxes, triaging emails into categories of urgency.
Team admin assistance: booking team meetings, socials, office space
- Proactive written communication: Take ownership of updates and drafting emails, as well as follow-ups for commercial meetings.
- Process improvement: Be proactive about getting leveraging the CEO’s time. Identify opportunities where they can be more efficient with how they spend their time or take tasks off their plate without asking.
- Project management: You’ll be responsible for organising next steps from important meetings and supporting when we are working on complex deals. You will also be responsible for planning team events and booking team travel. You will be working closely with the people team to book team socials and travel.
- Industry research: Support on research ahead of external meetings and speaking engagements so the CEO is prepared and informed. You’ll need to take a proactive interest in our industry and network to understand the context of the relationships.
- Strategy and planning: Set up task management process so there is shared clear visibility on the status of your work.
- Personal admin: Research and book personal travel and appointments when necessary.
Who you are
You’re an experienced EA who is looking for a new challenge in an exciting and fast-moving environment. You’re highly organised, have impeccable attention to detail, and know how to juggle multiple competing priorities. You have the confidence to challenge me when I’m asking for the impossible from my diary and you have the curiosity to learn and understand the context of my day. You’re a proactive problem solver and have built systems to keep track of your exec’s myriad preferences for how things get done.
You have excellent written communication skills and can represent our exec's to the highest degree when communicating with stakeholders. If you find yourself blocked, you find your way around instead of spinning your wheels. You learn quickly and fix problems rather than repeating mistakes without identifying the root cause. Most of all, you’re excited to work on the world’s most important problem with a friendly and motivated team.
What values can you expect from your colleagues?
We have set ourselves the mission of leading the carbon removal market to 14,000x its current size by 2050. In order to do that we need brave adventurers that think huge and deliver at speed. We call this the 14,000x mindset. The key components of the 14,000x mindset are:
- Ownership mentality: We relish autonomy and we create it for others. We are deeply curious and thrive on understanding the root cause of complex problems. We take ownership over our own and our team’s development by giving and soliciting direct and actionable feedback.
- Move fast: We identify the most important problems to solve and cut everything else. We test ideas early so we don’t waste time on dead ends. We default to action and deliver awesome results.
- Radiate positive energy: We come to problems with energy and passion. We nurture new ideas and engage positively in testing them. We inspire our colleagues to go further and are resilient to set backs. We recharge by taking time off. We are here for a great day, not a long day.
- Communicate proactively: We communicate simply and directly. We broadcast updates, insights and lessons learnt, especially when things haven’t gone to plan. We give as much context as possible so our teammates can make great decisions.
- Basic salary: £50k - £70k per annum (dependent on experience)
- Annual leave: unlimited
- Pension: 3% employer contribution when matched by 5% employee contribution
- Hybrid working: remote first with option to work from a London office 1-2 days per week
- Other benefits: £1000 annual wellbeing allowance and working-from-home equipment budget up to £500
- Monthly company socials
- Purchase high quality carbon removal offsets for your personal emissions from our inventory
Diversity and Inclusion
We’ve been committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace since day one of the company. We’re the only company we’re aware of with a 50:50 gender balanced list of investors and our day to day processes are always defined with D&I in mind, for example our remote first policy and flexibility around working time.
We are excited to encourage applications and interest from individuals underrepresented in the climate and tech space. Climate change and climate justice is a social issue that cuts across race and gender. We welcome applicants with lived experience across these issues.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire!