Director of Climate Science
The Supercritical mission
The climate crisis is the single-biggest threat to humanity. Our mission is to be the global carbon removal partner for the world’s most innovative and disruptive companies. We're building software to enable companies to understand their climate impact and purchase high quality carbon removal offsets. We are thrilled to have recently raised our $13m Series A, led by Lightspeed Ventures to accelerate this journey.
Join us to help carbon removal technologies to scale so that the planet is ready for net zero by 2050! Come and help us save the planet!
Why is carbon removal critical?
Carbon removal includes nature-based solutions like biochar and cutting-edge technologies that literally pull carbon from the sky and store it underground for millennia. We need to scale to remove 10 billion tons a year by 2050 to stay below 1.5 degrees of warming. This is over 14,000x the rate we are removing carbon at today. We've only removed a few thousand tonnes to date. This will be a trillion dollar industry by 2050.
Role Outcomes and Responsibilities
- Drive advancements in climate vetting methodologies and frameworks for various Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR) methods, leveraging existing foundations. Successfully execute climate vetting for potential projects, ensuring robust evaluation.
- Spearhead Supercritical’s stance on CDR, carbon markets, and climate policy. Effectively represent the organisation in relevant matters and contribute to thought leadership pieces, enhancing our influence and standing within the industry and among potential clients.
- Serve as the voice of climate within the management/leadership team, actively shaping our strategic development. Elevate the organisation's profile by acting as a spokesperson and producing influential thought leadership content.
- Provide technical excellence in support of sales and marketing processes, enhancing the quality of our sales/customer offerings.
- Directly oversee and contribute technical expertise to our small corporate climate consultancy projects. Manage emission measurement and guide net-zero transition planning for our clients, ensuring a comprehensive and effective approach.