The Supercritical mission
The climate crisis is the single-biggest threat to humanity. Our mission is to be the global carbon removal partner for the world’s most innovative and disruptive companies. We're building software to enable companies to understand their climate impact and purchase high quality carbon removal offsets. We are thrilled to have recently raised our $13m Series A, led by Lightspeed Ventures to accelerate this journey.
Join us to help carbon removal technologies to scale so that the planet is ready for net zero by 2050! Come and help us save the planet!
Why is carbon removal critical?
Carbon removal includes nature-based solutions like biochar and cutting-edge technologies that literally pull carbon from the sky and store it underground for millennia. We need to scale to remove 10 billion tons a year by 2050 to stay below 1.5 degrees of warming. This is over 14,000x the rate we are removing carbon at today. We've only removed a few thousand tonnes to date. This will be a trillion dollar industry by 2050.
This is an opportunity to work at the cutting edge of carbon removal and to deeply understand the science and operations of the most innovative CDR projects on the planet. You will be responsible for assessing the quality and risk of projects in order to improve transparency and trust, ultimately helping to scale the market in a sustainable way.
What will you achieve in the next 12 months?
- Lead the delivery of the Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR) vetting processes for specific projects to guarantee the highest quality of projects on the Supercritical platform. You'll receive training and support from our experienced Director of Climate Science.
- Develop and refine our CDR vetting framework, staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in climate science.
- Get trained in and execute commercial vetting to ensure that projects are sustainable and capable of delivering CDR credits well into the future.
- Cultivate relationships with our CDR project suppliers, offering feedback and sharing market insights.
- Become an in-house expert on the details of our CDR project suppliers and stay current with the latest scientific developments.
- Support the sales and marketing team by contributing to initiatives that promote climate thought leadership, educating potential CDR buyers.