Head of Sales Development - London
Why is now a really exciting time to join Synthesia?
Synthesia's vision is to build the first fully programmable video generation platform and help everyone transform non-video content into video. We are the world’s leader in synthetic AI, working with some of the world’s biggest corporate and media brands; BBC, EY, Facebook, McDonalds, Amazon and WPP, to name a few! We already partner with big celebrity names such as David Beckham and Lionel Messi, a campaign collaboration which also received a Cannes Lion Award in 2021. We have crazy user traction with our first self-service product for businesses in just 6 months since the unveiling! Despite the product still being in public beta, we have a very high NPS of 71 and growing! Today we are a +250-person company having recently closed our Series C investment round of $90m from names like Mark Cuban, First Mark Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Seedcamp, Google Ventures and more! Currently ranked 4.8/5 on G2 🌟 We are officially a Unicorn company!!! 🦄🥳 Not sure what we’re talking about? Check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia in a way that even our grandparents *kind of * understand what this AI video stuff is all about!
Join the rocket ship while it's taking off! 🚀
Your key focus in this role will be to create a world class Sales Development team. You will directly manage and coach a team of SDRs, inbound and outbound, to build the pipeline to support our growth.
- Manage the SDR team from hiring, through onboarding and ongoing development
- Create a team of experts in our product, customers and process
- Demand Operational Excellence through the adherence of Sales disciplines (e.g. tasks in the anatomy of the quarter, Sales Force.com hygiene, accurate forecasting)
- Take ownership of the SDR playbook, incorporating best practices for a personalized, account-based approach to prospecting
- Deliver group and 1-1 best practices coaching sessions across multiple sales channels
- Create a high-performance environment that enables SDRs to continuously improve
- Be responsible for individual and team KPI reporting
- Continuously look to improve the BD function, keep a keen eye on improvements across best practices, processes, and productivity
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to ensure alignment in the Outbound strategy
- Work closely with Sales Enablement to ensure relevant tools and content support the SDR team
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. You’re passionate about people development and have a genuine interest in sales.
- 2+ years in Software sales as an individual contributor & manager
- You understand inbound and outbound
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing tools (Salesforce, Salesloft, Hubspot)
- You will have experience developing teams of SDRs, often in the early stages of their career looking for direction, mentoring and motivation
- You have experience with onboarding and training, to ensure you are developing team members knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis
- Great people skills - you need to be able to motivate and lead your team through the highs and lows of a sales environment
- Strong written and spoken English - you will need to present to your team and other teams, including the Executive Leadership team, on a regular basis
- Experience building and scaling a team from the ground up
- Proven track record of success in an SDR Manager role and experience managing and improving Sales Development KPIs
The good stuff...
In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fun and innovative environment, we offer...
💸 A competitive salary + stock options in our fast-growing Series C start-up.
🍼 You get a paid parental leave.
🌴 25 days of annual leave + public holidays in the country where you are based.
🚲 Cycle to work scheme (London).
🥳 Regular socials and company retreats + free office snacks and regular tasty lunches!
🤩 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000 USD.
👉 A generous referral scheme.
🧓 Pension contribution/salary sacrifice.
💻 A brand new computer + monitor and an additional home office set-up budget.
🚀 A huge opportunity for career growth as you’ll help shape a market-defining product.
✨ We will always take hustle and ambition over grades and have structured our interview process to reflect this.
If you want to be a part of building a legendary company, COME JOIN US! 😊
☮️ Synthesia is fully committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Our ambition is to have an environment that is equitable, diverse and inclusive for all our employees now and in the future.
We believe that everyone at Synthesia is equally important, that we should celebrate diversity and the value it brings, and that everyone should feel they belong. We want to be a business that champions equality and an inclusive culture; where there are no barriers to colleagues realising their potential; and where every individual feels valued, respected and accepted. 🏳️🌈