Business Development Executive
Companies are changing how work gets done, and that change needs a new approach to finding the right people.
Talent Marketplaces provide the answer to forward thinking companies, and whilst Talmix is already an acknowledged market leader with its business talent network, we have ambitions to become the dominant player in this category and unlock the power of independent talent for every business.
Talmix creates fast connections to its global network of over 60,000 highly-skilled professionals for project, interim or permanent engagements.
We believe that with the right mix of talent, anything is possible, and we want this to apply to all our clients and our own team. We’re bold, bright and straight-up in our attitude to hiring, to working and to being part of the team that changes the way companies get work done.
The Role: Business Development - Private Equity (US)
This business development role is focused specifically on establishing and growing relationships within the Private Equity sector.
Our Private Equity practice works closely with portfolio operations teams to navigate top and bottom-line topics with speed, ease and flexibility, by accessing specialist skillsets that don’t exist in-house or by adding powerful bandwidth to get critical work done.
You will generate revenue by identifying which Private Equity firms in North America will gain most advantage from using Talmix and then positioning the solution to become established within the account as their first-choice business talent provider. You will then focus on expanding the user base and driving referrals to create loyal clients who buy in increasing volume and value across their portfolio.
What you will be responsible for:
· Immersing yourself into the North American Private Equity sector, following key trends and self-educating as much as possible
· Evaluating prospective Private Equity accounts to understand their operating model and decision-making processes, from large cap through to lower middle-market firms
· Evaluating current (and lapsed) buyer relationships against your own network to identify account expansion or recapture opportunities
· Engaging senior stakeholders at Private Equity funds with a consultative sales approach through phone, email and in-person meetings
· Consistently achieving/exceeding your personal bookings and revenue targets and contributing to overall revenue growth at Talmix
· Collaborating with cross-functional teams, specifically with Marketing to evangelise the Talmix story and with the Customer Success team to ensure excellent client service
· Bringing a data-centric approach to business development, owning ‘clean’ sales data to drive insights
New Account acquisition:
- Market research, segmentation and account mapping for lead generation
- Managing multi-touch and multi-format outreach programmes using phone and email to source the majority of your own bookings through proactive outreach
- Nurturing responded leads with a personalised approach to generate new meetings
- Leading meetings with prospects and planning clear next steps to convert interest into qualified pipeline
- Negotiating terms with New Accounts with the view to establish preferred supplier status
Existing Account growth:
- Growing Existing Account revenue with a focus on increasing share of spend by:
- Acting as an invaluable point of contact for your designated clients
- Generating new users within existing accounts through direct outreach and requesting referrals into new functions and geographies
- Leveraging these existing relationships to drive outbound referrals for New Account acquisition
What you might have:
- Lots of enthusiasm, resilience, ambition and drive. A will to win!
- Experience in a sales or customer facing role ideally from a marketplace, staffing/recruiting, consulting, expert network or HR technology company
- Knowledge of the Private Equity industry (nice to have)
- Track record of achieving and exceeding goals and KPIs
- Adaptability. A real ‘doer’ with a hands-on attitude
- Exceptional communications skills including an excellent command of the English language (both verbal and written). Additional language skills are a bonus
- Strong attention to detail and an assured approach
Talmix is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.