Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
With a set of market leading products in custody, settlement, clearing, liquidity access, and our position as a leading infrastructure provider in the industry, Copper is well placed to become a pillar of future digital and tokenised assets industry. We are looking for a new addition to our data team. The candidate will be actively involved in resolving data issues, report development and the building of scalable, reliable and performant database structures for reporting. You will also be building Looker semantic models (explores), dashboards according to business requirements and come up with ideas, advice and ways of automation. The ideal candidate must be a driven technologist, eager to ensure that our ability to store, process, and analyse data keeps up with our customer growth and our ambitions.
Your purpose at Copper will be to seat at centre of product and data, orchestrate internal systems, apply your skill and knowledge to establish or maintain our market leadership and deliver on other objectives.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Extract, clean and analyse data to provide insights to team members and senior management
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders to collect requirements for reports/dashboard creation/improvement
- Design, implement and maintain analytic reports and dashboards to provide insights into business KPI’s
- Collaborate with various engineers to implement algorithms and other data products
- Put together presentations that provide team members, management, executives and stakeholders with a cohesive story about the situation, problem, hypothesis, solution and conclusion
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Experience as a Data, Product or Business Analyst role, ideally in the FinTech, Payments or Cryptocurrency industry
- Knowledge of SQL, R, Python, Excel, Matlab or SPSS
- Knowledge of PowerBI and Tableau
- Experience working with large data sets in a data driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact at all levels and with all type of audiences
- Ability to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to get things done
- Motivated team player
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related
- Knowledge of institutional finance & trading environments, sufficient to communicate and understand senior members of Copper’s clients
- Knowledge of blockchain technology coupled with keen interest in latest developments in digital asset/crypto ecosystem
- Experience working for a start-up/a small company, being driven and excited by small teams’ ability to get things done
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.