Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
We aim to achieve a balance between corporate culture and start-up culture, and at the same time be close to product solutions. Therefore, we divide our department into small self-sufficient teams that can make decisions on their own. This applies to all stages of product production: from conceptualisation to architecture, to build, to release, to iteration and support.
You'll do lots of research and develop your knowledge regarding cryptocurrency and blockchain including data processing, protocols integration etc. In addition to this, you'll be surrounded by friendly high-level specialists who are ready to share their knowledge.
The team is currently working on several major product changes that will improve client experience with cryptocurrency interaction like secure cryptocurrencies management or simplifying user flows when interacting with Decentralised Finance (DeFi) protocols.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Support and improve current services that handle over 50 blockchain protocols with more than 500 cryptocurrency assets.
- Research and building new blockchain integration and solutions, including blockchain data processing, cryptocurrency protocols integrations, DeFi integration, etc.
- Support and solve problems from clients and stakeholders.
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Professional experience in building software with an OOP language: Scala, JS/TS (Node.js), Kotlin, Java, or Go.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- An understanding of the critical importance of unit tests, well-versed and able to build automated tests of server-side code.
- You’re professionally curious and willing to develop yourself as a multi-stack developer. You are ready that you should research and use technologies and programming languages that you didn’t face before.
- Proficiency with containerisation and DevOps practices.
- Experience developing Smart Contracts.
- Familiarity with working on blockchain development (cryptocurrency wallets, blockchain data processing, DeFi etc).
- Experience in building and optimising systems for working with large amounts of data, both at the database level and interactions between services.
Our core tech stack
- Storage: PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Clickhouse.
- Backend Frameworks: Spring, Akka HTTP.
- Frontend Frameworks: React, ElectronJs.
- Interservice communication: RabbitMQ.
- Architecture: Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Mesos/Marathon container orchestration, Consul, Nginx, GoCD by ThoughtWorks CI/CD, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana.
The benefits offered
- Holidays: 27 days per annum paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Years of Service Days: Employees are awarded one additional day of paid time off per year of service (up to three years)
- Vitality Health:
- Medical Insurance: Copper provides all employees with individual cover. Medical history is disregarded, and a 24/7 virtual GP is available (£100 excess per person per year)
- Dental Insurance: Comprehensive dental cover for preventative, restorative and emergency treatment
- Audiology Cover: Employees can claim back up 80% of costs, up to £300, for any hearing tests or hearing aids
- Optical Cover: £500 optical cover (through Vision Express) or 80% reimbursement up to £300 for any other optician
- Menopause Support: Unlimited support for those experiencing symptoms of the menopause, such as video consultations with a dedicated menopause practitioner
- Vitality services also include an additional £100 for minor diagnostic tests and private prescriptions, including home diagnostics
- Headspace - Copper's policy provides all employees with a free Headspace subscription. Headspace provides great resources to manage stress, improve sleep, meditate and enhance mindfulness
- Discounts and free benefits - the Vitality programme has been designed for preventative care to encourage members to improve their overall health and will reward those for doing so. Employees can access additional benefits such as 50% off running shoes, discounted health screenings, 50% off at Nuffield Health or Virgin Active gyms and much more
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme: to combat energy prices increasing globally, Copper will provide you, in addition to your salary, with a monthly top-up of £60 or £75 (subject to your energy supplier)
- Pension up to 10% matched contribution to our company pension scheme via Smart Pensions
- Cycle to Work
- Life Insurance cover: Four times your base salary
- EAP: access unlimited mental health consultations and contact a 24/7 confidential helpline for emotional support
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular company events and social activities
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.