Technical Support Engineer
Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
Copper Technologies is dedicated to optimizing the customer experience and attaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction through the delivery of professional and efficient support across the Copper product and service portfolios.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Technical Support Engineer to join our Technology Division offering an opportunity to join a dynamic support team that will bring you an exciting professional development and allow you to step into the technology that revolutionises the financial industry.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Responsible for investigating, triaging, and resolving tickets that flow into the support desk queue.
- Applies the optimal troubleshooting methods and techniques in resolving problems and documents all lessons learnt in the process.
- Perform root cause analysis and create reports when required.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Clearly communicate and set expectations with key stakeholders (account managers, customer service desk, external partner and 3td parties)
- Serve as the internal and external point of contact on customer escalations and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible and within the defined SLA.
- Collect information and document bugs (in Jira) for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Create internal process or troubleshooting documentation.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (we have 24/7 SLA's), but 5 days a week
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Technical background and experience working with diverse audience such as developers, end users, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Great verbal and written communication skills with the stress on the ability to convey complex messages to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize incidents and plan, execute and deliver solutions within demanding deadlines.
- Knowledge of help desk ticketing and workflows (Zendesk, ServiceNow, Salesforce etc)
- High Priority Incident Management
- Data visualisation platforms and software (i.e. Kibana, Grafana)
- Knowledge of project driven Software development methodologies (Agile framework, ideally Kanban)
- Database technologies (architecture and analytics).
- Data storage, instrumentation, visualization, and analytics platforms (Metabase, Snowflake or similar)
- Blockchain (nice to have)
- Cryptocurrency (nice to have)
- SaaS technology (nice to have)
- Financial Technologies (nice to have)
The benefits offered
- Holidays: 27 days per annum paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Years of Service Days: Employees are awarded one additional day of paid time off per year of service (up to three years)
- Vitality Health:
- Medical Insurance: Copper provides all employees with individual cover. Medical history is disregarded, and a 24/7 virtual GP is available (£100 excess per person per year)
- Dental Insurance: Comprehensive dental cover for preventative, restorative and emergency treatment
- Audiology Cover: Employees can claim back up 80% of costs, up to £300, for any hearing tests or hearing aids
- Optical Cover: £500 optical cover (through Vision Express) or 80% reimbursement up to £300 for any other optician
- Menopause Support: Unlimited support for those experiencing symptoms of the menopause, such as video consultations with a dedicated menopause practitioner
- Vitality services also include an additional £100 for minor diagnostic tests and private prescriptions, including home diagnostics
- Headspace - Copper's policy provides all employees with a free Headspace subscription. Headspace provides great resources to manage stress, improve sleep, meditate and enhance mindfulness
- Discounts and free benefits - the Vitality programme has been designed for preventative care to encourage members to improve their overall health and will reward those for doing so. Employees can access additional benefits such as 50% off running shoes, discounted health screenings, 50% off at Nuffield Health or Virgin Active gyms and much more
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme: to combat energy prices increasing globally, Copper will provide you, in addition to your salary, with a monthly top-up of £60 or £75 (subject to your energy supplier)
- Pension up to 10% matched contribution to our company pension scheme via Smart Pensions
- Cycle to Work
- Life Insurance cover: Four times your base salary
- EAP: access unlimited mental health consultations and contact a 24/7 confidential helpline for emotional support
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular company events and social activities
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.