Who we are
Pact Coffee is all about making coffee a force for good. We source specialty coffee, which we roast, grind and deliver fresh to homes, offices, cafés, and hotels across the country. We were founded on the principle that businesses should do good, by doing well.
How do we make coffee a force for good? With a 100% commitment to direct trade and an investment and training programme that helps farmers change their lives for the better. We encourage farmers to strive for speciality-grade crops - because it’s about quality, not charity.
What we do:
- Make coffee a force for good
- Source 100% speciality grade coffee
- Provide training and investment to coffee growers
- Roast our coffee no more than seven days before shipping to our subscribers
You’ll join us at an exciting period of growth and be a key player in our next chapter.
At Pact Coffee, we are committed to creating a working environment which is safe, based on mutual respect and enabling people to be themselves. We acknowledge that the diversity of our workforce should be reflective of the society in which we live. Be that age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, ethnicity, religion or belief and marital status, education or socio-economic background. Finally, we believe that championing diversity and inclusion among not only our employees, but also the farmers we work with is critical to our success.
The Role and Job Description
- Location: **Haslemere, Surrey**
- Contract: Part-time
- Hours: 17.5 hours per week Monday - Friday 0830 - 1200 (subject to change)
- £/Hour: £12.00 (Real Living Wage Employer)
As the Roasting Assistant you will be working directly with a small team of coffee specialists. Your main role will be assisting the production roasters in the daily operation of our two 70kg Loring Peregrine roasters by loading and unloading coffee. You will also be responsible for the upkeep of the green coffee area and daily cleaning of the equipment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enter the world of specialty coffee, with potential for further training in coffee roasting, and offers great exposure to all aspects of the industry,
No prior experience required, but a passion for coffee and desire to learn will be highly regarded. This role does require heavy lifting moving up to 70 kg sacks of green coffee. This is an entry level position.
As the Roastery Assistant your main responsibilities will include…
- Loading sacks of green coffee into the roasters according to the roasting schedule
- Organising stock of roasted coffee lines
- Maintenance of the air filtration system
- Organising the green coffee area, consolidating pallets and keeping it tidy
- Assisting with green coffee deliveries
- Assisting with roaster maintenance
- General cleaning of the roastery
What we’re looking for
We're looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, and an ability to work well in a team. Is well organised and can do some heavy lifting.
- Able to follow procedure
- Organised and detail oriented
- Physically fit, able to move heavy loads
- Flexible and highly adaptable to a busy, reactive work environment
- Basic knowledge of excel/google sheets
- Forklift trained/certified
If you’re still reading, then we might be the right match for you. At Pact Coffee, Haslemere, we offer the following employee experience….
- Free coffee credit each month to order coffee for home
- Access to monthly work and personal coaching sessions through More Happi
- Discounts including 40% off Sage coffee machines
- 28 days annual leave per calendar year (including Bank Holidays)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Unlimited coffee at work, along with snacks and soft drinks
Start Date: January 2024.