TL;DR 👋🏻: we're looking for a Mid to Senior Designer to take our brand to the next level. If you are excited about building brands, as well as web and motion design, this one's for you!
Note: the job post includes images and links, in case you can't see them: (https://boards.eu.greenhouse.io/synthesia/jobs/4196469101)
This is not a usual job description, but there is a good reason for that.
It's going to take you 5 minutes to read it, but it is 100% worth it.
Let us explain.
Over the past 100 years, media production went through cycles of innovation that impacted the production, distribution, and consumption of media in ways that we couldn't predict.
Things are changing quickly, technologies grow and evolve in multiple waves.
One of the ways to think about how technologies emerge is that stuff tends to begin small and slow. There is an early period where the technology isn't quite working and it doesn't look like it's going to be very useful or important.
But then, it reaches a point where the growth accelerates upwards. It moves from the period when it was kind of a crazy idea to a period of excitement and growth.
Everything starts working.
At Synthesia, we believe the future of media is synthetic. Not sure what's that about? Check this article written by our CEO Victor Riparbelli: https://www.synthesia.io/post/the-future-of-synthetic-media
It's kind of a crazy idea.
But after 5 years of research and a roller coaster ride of successes and failures, here is a graph showing the number of AI videos created by our customers in 2021 (in 2022 and 2023 it's growing exponentially).
Not that crazy of an idea anymore, huh? 😉
In 2021 we've raised two funding rounds with a total of $62M from legendary investors such as Kleiner Perkins and Google Ventures.
And now, in June 2023, we've raised an additional $90M from Accel and NVIDIA at a $1B Unicorn valuation.
And yet, we're just getting started building the foundations of a whole new type of media.
We're still extremely early, and you have the chance to be a pioneer and shape the future of video production!
To continue our growth trajectory, we're looking for a passionate Brand Designer.
We have a product/market fit, good website fundamental and we're ready to push the throttle down. Come aboard! 🚀
Design at Synthesia
At Synthesia, we're all about making things easy. That's why we prioritize function over form. If something looks great but doesn't work well, we won't use it. It’s quite simple to design something that looks good on the surface, but isn’t useable. It’s hard to combine both. We are here because of our customers and the solution that is the easiest to understand and use, wins. Now, it’s our job to also make it as beautiful as possible.
About the job
In this position, you will join our Marketing team as a Brand Designer. We’re starting to invest into our brand from a strategic and visual perspective, and are ready to take it to the next level — hopefully with you on board!
- You'll work on a large variety of (mostly) digital projects, while being guardian for all things brand design, utilising your full range of skills and contributing to the creative direction for how we elevate Synthesia’s look and feel.
- You’ll design for a range of creative assets — with a big focus on our company website — like marketing materials, videos, presentations, display ads, conference collateral, templates, swag, and more.
- Although you’ll be working largely with the Marketing team, you’ll also be collaborating with Sales, Product, and other teams to execute design work, developing innovative creative assets to support their initiatives across all touch-points.
- You will be involved in every aspect of the design process, from brainstorming the next great project to leading it, working closely with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You'll be defining, constantly evolving, and maintaining a high standard for brand design at Synthesia, alongside the team.
You can see more about who we are and how we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers
🤔 Interested? Imagine joining Airbnb, Stripe, Figma - before they had a well defined brand, when they were just getting started. That's how early we are. 🤩
- You've got at least 4 years of experience doing design work at a tech start-up (if you have B2B SaaS experience, that's even better).
- You've got a portfolio of work that shows you're great at coming up with ideas and creating designs for digital/web projects.
- You have a strong understanding of creative, design, marketing and engineering hand—off processes, and you've worked on multiple design projects involving lots of different stakeholders.
- You've worked with:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Figma (or any other popular design tools)
- Motion/animation design (this is important, not just a "nice to have" skill!)
- You're a team player and a self-starter, and you're great at communicating both in writing and in person with people at all levels of the company.
- You've got a great eye for detail, and you're really good at figuring out what needs to be done and making sure it gets done right, even when you're working on lots of projects at the same time.
- You're great at working with others, but you're also good at working on your own and taking the initiative to get things done.
- 💸 We are generous - you will be compensated fairly (incl. stock option plan)
- ✨ We are mindful - you will have the flexibility to work from home and rest when you need to.
- 💻 We are a tech company - you will have access to all the equipment you need.
- 🎉 We are fun - we do company off-sites, team dinners, and other social activities.
- 📈 We want you to grow - you will be joining a bunch of exceptional professionals who will help you shape the career you are dreaming of.
PS: if you have any questions about this position, feel free to ping Antonia Delnevo directly on Linkedin.