Mid or Senior Product Analyst
Tl;DR: We're looking for an impact-orientated Product Analyst to join as our 2nd Analyst and help power product-led growth.
Who are we?
On a mission to make video easy for anyone …
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 120 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalized on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities. 🎬
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator.
Not sure what we’re talking about?
Our brand video explains what we’re doing at Synthesia in a way that anyone can *kind of * understand what this AI video stuff is all about - check it out on youtube.
And yet we are just laying the groundwork for a whole new kind of media here. Imagine joining Uber, Airbnb or Stripe when these companies were just getting started.
That's how early we are – but enough about us now.
Right now, we’re hiring a Senior Product Analyst to support our Product organization. We’re looking for someone to own and develop the analytics framework we use to understand user behavior, explore our data and shape new product opportunities from data insights. As the second hire on our data team, you’d have a big say in shaping how we approach data as a function. If you’ve worked in multiple organizations and always thought there was a better way to work with data, this is your chance to make it happen.
You can read on our watch this video to understand more about the role.
As a Senior Product Analyst, you’ll:
- Own the product analytics framework, creating the measurement & tracking plan for capturing the right data, defining the metrics and methodology to build our understanding of our users’ behavior across the team.
- Partner with our Head of Product and Engineering Leads to evolve our analytics capabilities in line with our product roadmap, anticipating the questions that’ll matter to support the product and company strategy.
- Work within the DBT pipeline to shape the analytics tables in a way that supports your own work but also expose the basics of the product in an accessible way for the rest of the team.
- Partner with the Product Manager for Growth, defining the analytical framework and target metrics to drive the Product Area. Identify opportunities and analyze experiment results to steer Product Led Growth (PLG).
What you will be working on:
As our second Product Analyst, here are some of the challenges you might run into:
- We’ve rolled out this year collaboration and workspace features. How can we optimize for virality inside the enterprise? How well is sharing working and where are the bottlenecks?
- What are the areas of improvements in our sign up and onboarding process? How should we measure the success of changes to those?
- Synthesia studio has dozens of features. How should we think about their respective importance to our users? How should we evaluate new editor features launch?
- Avatars and voices are at the heart of our products. What can we learn from usage data to drive our curation and research roadmap?
You should apply if you bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst, data scientist and / or analytics engineer working on digital products where your analysis has helped shaped product direction.
- Strong analytical skills, i.e ability to turn ambiguous questions into well defined metrics.
- Strategic and business skills, allowing you to understand and anticipate the questions that will impact the company.
- Deep familiarity with SQL and some exposure to python.
- Experience with DBT pipelines or equivalent data pipeline tools.
- Proven track record of influencing product direction.
- Effective communication skills and specifically especially utilizing data visualization to communicate data-driven decisions.
At Synthesia we expect everyone to:
- Be an owner.
- Focus on outcomes over Inputs and Plans.
- Make the journey fun
- Default to simple.
You can read more about this in this public Notion page: https://synthesia.notion.site/How-we-work-at-Synthesia-f794caa72f8446efb6be22b551ce0fa2
You can expect in return...
💸 A competitive salary + stock options in our fast growing Series C start-up.
📍 A hybrid or remote-friendly environment. Our preference is for our Product team to spend 2x days a week in the office if you're based in commutable distance to our London, Amsterdam, Munich or Copenhagen office. You’ll also have the option to work fully remote if you're not local to an office. We start our day at 8am-10am GMT+1.
🏝 25 days of annual leave + public holidays in the country where you are based.
🥳 Regular socials and company retreats.
🤩 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000 USD.
👉 A generous referral scheme.
💻 A brand new computer of your choice and the equipment you need to get your work done (if that still counts as a benefit in 2023 🤔)
🚀 A huge opportunity for career growth as you’ll help shape a market-defining product.
+ Other country-specific benefits based on the country you are hired in.