Head of Field Marketing
Greetings, Field Marketing hero 👋🏻
Note: the job post includes images and links, in case you can't see them: (https://boards.eu.greenhouse.io/synthesia/jobs/4243504101)
This is not a usual job description, but there is a good reason for that.
It's going to take you 5 minutes to read it, but it is 100% worth it.
Let us explain.
Over the past 100 years, media production went through cycles of innovation that impacted the production, distribution, and consumption of media in ways that we couldn't predict.
Things are changing quickly, technologies grow and evolve in multiple waves.
One of the ways to think about how technologies emerge is that stuff tends to begin small and slow. There is an early period where the technology isn't quite working and it doesn't look like it's going to be very useful or important.
But then, it reaches a point where the growth accelerates upwards. It moves from the period when it was kind of a crazy idea to a period of excitement and growth.
Everything starts working.
At Synthesia, we believe the future of media is synthetic. Not sure what's that about? Check this article written by our CEO Victor Riparbelli: https://www.synthesia.io/post/the-future-of-synthetic-media
It's kind of a crazy idea.
But after 5 years of research and a roller coaster ride of successes and failures, here is a graph showing the number of AI videos created by our customers in 2021 (in 2022 it's growing exponentially).
Not that crazy of an idea anymore, huh? 😉
It's for you to decide, but in 2021 we've raised two funding rounds with a total of $62M from legendary investors such as Kleiner Perkins and Google Ventures.
And yet, we're just getting started building the foundations of a whole new type of media.
We're crazy early, and you have the chance to be a pioneer and shape the future of video production!
To continue our growth trajectory, we're looking for a passionate Head of Field Marketing.
We have a product/market fit, we've identified our personas/jobs do be done and we're ready to push the throttle down. Come aboard! 🚀
About the job
In this position, you will join our Marketing team as our Head of Field Marketing. You'll be responsible for organizing our own customer events and responsible for our participation at various industry events.
We already do some events and have participated at 15+ conferences over the last 3 years, but now we'd like to kick this into the next gear. We currently have one full-time Events Manager that will report to you.
How do we perceive real life event at Synthesia?
We love real life events at Synthesia! They give us the opportunity to both meet a lot of our existing passionate users (don't forget to check our reviews on G2 😉) and talk to people that are just starting to think about using AI video. Our AI-first product always attracts a lot of attention in the sea of boring vendors, which makes your future job a tad bit easier.
How will your day to day look like?
Working in a small team, collaborating with other Synthesia teams and 3rd party vendors and always making sure Synthesia not only participates but is successful at real life events.
You can see more about who we are and how we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers
🤔 Interested? Imagine joining Airbnb, Stripe, Figma - when they had product-market fit, but the world hasn't completely realized it yet. That's how early we are. 🤩
- 3+ years of experience working in SaaS startups
- 5+ years experience organizing in-person events (you must love in-person events)
- You have previously organized owned events with 100+ attendees
- You understand that your job at conferences is to make sure everything runs smoothly, attract people to our booth and make sales job easier
- You focus on event ROI and always strive to learn and improve the next event
- Basic feeling for aesthetics to be able to help and brief designers is a plus
- 💸 We are generous - you will be compensated fairly (incl. stock option plan)
- ✨ We are mindful - you will have the flexibility to work from home and rest when you need to.
- 💻 We are a tech company - you will have access to all the equipment you need.
- 🎉 We are fun - we do company off-sites, team dinners, and other social activities.
- 📈 We want you to grow - you will be joining a bunch of exceptional professionals who will help you shape the career you are dreaming of.
PS: if you have any questions about this position, feel free to ping Jakob Marovt directly on Linkedin.