Senior Research Engineer - Video Diffusion
Who are we?
On a mission to make video easy for anyone …
It is an exciting time to join Synthesia as we reached a hallmark by becoming a Unicorn, having raised $90 million in Series C funding and now evaluated at $1 billion!! ✨ 🦄
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 60 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalised on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities. 🎬
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator. To learn more, check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia.
About the role
We are looking for a Research Engineer, with passion for working on cutting edge problems that can help us create highly realistic, emotional and life-like synthetic humans through text-to-video.
Our aim is to make video content creation available for all - not only to studio production!
🧑🏼🔬 You will be someone who loves to code and build working systems. You are used to working in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will have experience with the software development life cycle, from ideation through implementation, to testing and release. You will also have extensive knowledge and experience in Computer Vision and Generative AI domain.
👩💼 You will join a group of more than 40 Engineers in the R&D department and will have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple research teams across diverse areas, our R&D research is guided by our co-founders - Prof. Lourdes Agapito and Prof. Matthias Niessner.
If you know and love DALL.E, MUSE, IMAGEN, MAKE-A-VIDEO, STABLE DIFFUSION and more - and you love large data and large compute, then we would love to talk to you.
What will you be doing?
🚀 In this position, you'll join the team to help develop our foundational model for video generation based on large video data-sets. You will also help build the academic contributions in this area. In this role you will be conducting cutting edge research, pushing the boundaries and going beyond existing SOTA solutions. This would include:
- Reviewing specialised literature on text to video / video synthesis.
- Designing the requirements, project scoping and owning the roadmap in your area.
- Managing the progress of the Large Video Model project and making sure that it is in line with our vision.
- Building libraries to accelerate our iteration speed during development (abstracting common functionality, automating tests sweeps, visualising results etc.).
- Developing production quality software, our teams work “full stack” with the ability to deliver direct to product and impact the world.
- Taking ownership of the full ML lifecycle from concept, development, testing, validation to deployment.
- Adapting off-the-shelf solutions for the purposes of our product.
- Optimising for deployment - turning prototypes into working solutions.
Who are you?
- You have a background in Computer Vision / Computer Science and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- You have researched / worked with Generative Models (incl. Diffusion models) - you know all the best practices and approaches.
- You are interested in doing research, trying new things and pushing the boundaries, going beyond what's already known.
- You have experience in using most modern frameworks for machine learning and deep learning.
- You have great coding skills in Python and you care about writing beautiful code.
- And finally..You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and you are passionate about what you do!
Nice to have…
- Multi-GPU Multi-Node compute.
- Open source contributors.
- Computer graphics.
- CI/CD practices.
- Strong background in Maths.
The good stuff...
💸 You will be compensated well (salary + stock options + bonus)
📍 You will work in a hybrid setting with an office in Amsterdam
🏝 You get 25 days of annual leave + public holidays
🥳 You will join an established company culture with regular socials and company retreats
🤩 You get 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000!!
👉 You can participate in a generous referral scheme
🚀 You will have huge opportunities for your career growth
You can see more about Who we are and How we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers