Senior Full Stack Engineer
🎬 We are designing video formats of the future and bringing end to end video creation to the browser.
📌 The role is remote in European timezones or hybrid/on-site from our offices (London, Copenhagen, Munich, Amsterdam).
⚒ Our stack:
- Frontend: React and TypeScript.
- Backend: NodeJS, Python, MongoDB Atlas.
- Infra: various AWS services (EC2, ECS, Lambda, etc).
👩💻 Work on Growth (onboarding journeys, activation, experiments) or Collaboration (workspaces, permissions, video templates, shared experiences).
💶 from 100k € gross yearly + stock options (full-time employment only, no contractors)
🦄 We just closed a 90 million € Series C round with Accel and NVIDIA. 70% of our clients are B2B. NPS is 71 and 4.8/5 on G2.
Who are we
On a mission to make video easy for anyone …
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 60 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalised on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities. 🎬
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator. Not sure what we’re talking about? Check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia in a way that anyone *kind of * understand what this AI video stuff is all about.
About the position
As a member of our Platform team, you will be focused on either driving Growth or building Collaborative experiences.
In Growth, you will play a crucial role in designing and implementing user onboarding strategies. Your work will ensure users have a seamless experience when joining our platform, and discover the value Synthesia brings.
In Collaboration, you could be working on Workspaces and other collaborative experiences within our platform. Your work will enable our users to efficiently collaborate, share, and discover video content within Synthesia.
- You ideally have a minimum of 5+ years of experience working in software development (in any high level language).
- You have experience working on SaaS applications and have worked on domains relevant to this role such as onboarding, permissions, growth, user profiles, shared experiences, discovery, or retention.
- You have the experience that ranges from early-stage start-ups to bigger, well-established organizations.
- You can work cross-stack.
- You bring a strong frontend skill set and have worked with modern JS frameworks.
- You like to take ownership of features and execute from planning to production.
- You are very pragmatic in your approach and you don't over-engineer.
- You have strong CS fundamentals.
- You are very good at profiling and debugging performance issues.
- You bring effective written and spoken English skills.
How we work
We have a fast yet non-hacky development style. We work strictly with product managers who have a technical background. As a result, we do not overwhelm engineers with unrealistic expectations.
Our roadmap is a set of high-level goals and we have no fixed timelines on deploying features - we want to get things to production as fast as possible. We do that by pushing features behind a feature flag with staged, observable releases.
Our engineers have one sync meeting per week + a Manager 1:1, async text Slack dailies, we have no dedicated QAs, we work in super small & independent teams, we have no Jira and in our team, we only have engineers, no code monkeys.
For us, it's simple: give people time to do deep work. And help specify features that are limited in scope while discouraging hacky workarounds.
After two years of building our product team and core engineering principles, we can see that we are on the right track. Progress over perfection.
At Synthesia, we expect everyone to:
- Be an owner.
- Focus on outcomes over Inputs and Plans.
- Make the journey fun.
- Default to simple.
You can read more about this in this public Notion page: https://synthesia.notion.site/How-we-work-at-Synthesia-f794caa72f8446efb6be22b551c e0fa
The good stuff...
💸 You will be compensated well (salary + stock options + bonus)
📍 You will work in a remote-first environment with offices in 5 locations
🏝 You get 25 days of annual leave + public holidays in the country where you are based
🥳 You will join an established company culture with regular socials and company retreats
🍼 You get a paid parental leave
👉 You can participate in a generous referral scheme
💻 You get a brand new computer of your choice (if that still counts as a benefit in 2022 🤔)
🚀 You will have huge opportunities for your career growth