Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Audio/Video Data Pipelines
Who are we?
On a mission to make video easy for anyone …
It is an exciting time to join Synthesia as we reached a hallmark by becoming a Unicorn, having raised $90 million in Series C funding and now evaluated at $1 billion!! ✨ 🦄
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 60 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalised on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities. 🎬
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator. To learn more, check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia.
What will you be doing?
As a perception engineer at Synthesia, you will focus on building state-of-the-art solutions for video processing, providing internal tools and libraries to multiple research teams and building our data processing pipelines to work on a PB scale data-lake. You need to be comfortable both working as an Applied Researcher selecting and training the latest ML models on custom data-sets, as well as an ML Engineer delivering best-in-class libraries and building robust production systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world class group of more than 50 research engineers working with leading figures in the field and deliver a fundamental component of the tech stack that will define the future of generative video.
Our research is guided by our Director of Science - Vittorio Ferrari, Co-founders - Prof. Lourdes Agapito and Prof. Matthias Niessner. This is an open, collaborative and highly supportive environment. We are all working together to build something big - the future of synthetic media and programmable video through Generative AI. We are proud of the culture, as well as the impact of the technology we are building.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible to:
- Define our visual pipelines for human performance at Synthesia, including video understanding, segmentation, matting, and human tracking.
- Develop state-of-the-art solutions for video processing, selecting and training the latest ML models on custom data-sets.
- Build easily usable libraries/components to deliver state-of-the-art solutions to internal teams with a clear focus on the developer experience.
- Build, optimise and deploy data processing pipelines to run continuously on a rapidly expanding data lake at PB scale.
- You ideally have a minimum of 5+ years of experience working in software development
- You have been responsible for the full ML lifecycle from requirements to production
- You focus on fast iterations leveraging the latest state-of-the-art ML models
- You have strong experience in video processing for segmentation, matting, tracking
- You have seen large scale data processing with large data-sets and multi-node compute
- You have seen a range of organizations from start-ups to established businesses
- You like to take ownership of features and execute from planning to production
- You are very pragmatic in your approach and you don't over-engineer
- Excellent coding skills in Python and PyTorch
- Strong experience in dockerised development (Linux, Git, Docker, KubeFlow)
- Excellent communication skills and very good written English is required
The good stuff...
💸 You will be compensated well (salary + stock options + bonus)
🏥 Your will get Private Health Insurance
📍 You will work in a hybrid setting with an office in London
🚲 You get a cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme to commute to the office
🏝 You get 25 days of annual leave + public holidays
🥳 You will join an established company culture with regular socials and company retreats
👉 You can participate in a generous referral scheme
🚀 You will have huge opportunities for your career growth
You can see more about Who we are and How we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers