Customer Solutions Architect
Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London - UK, London - Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Solutions Architect to join a fast growing software startup to help uncover, nurture, and build technical relationships in enterprise accounts across EMEA. You’ll be working with the commercial team to conduct client meetings, visits, remote video calls and introductions to Tyk, gather requirements and build technical trust through concept validations, needs, questions, and customer interaction.
The ideal candidate will have a history of success in startup environments with a proven ability to work as part of a team, build something where nothing exists, and instil instant technical trust and accountability with customer, partner, and internal relationships.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Evangelise all of the wonderful technological attributes with prospects, customers, and partners.
- Work with the commercial team to meet and exceed team retention and customer growth targets
- Gather, understand, and develop customer requirements for our API Gateway & Management platform
- Stay up to date and current with Tyk technology platform, future releases, roadmap initiatives, and market trends.
- Assist the commercial team to manage existing client and partner relationship engagements to help drive customer satisfaction, retention and additional revenue
- Set and manage customer/prospect expectations for their technical experience with the Tyk product portfolio.
- Provide overviews, demos, concept introductions, and other technical components of the post sales customer care experience
- Work with the Tyk’s Product teams to develop collateral, recommend improvements, guide customer journeys, and update Tyk public facing documentation.
- Master the competitive market landscape and how Tyk fits vs competition
- Help qualify growth opportunities and understand and guide existing clients in order to qualify and prioritise growth and new opportunities
- Assist prospects on their Tyk journey by helping train, onboard, and familiarising them with Tyk and API concepts and terminology
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing teams to identify and plan events applicable to the business in search of new prospects and partners
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience working with open source technology
- Proven Solutions Architecture and customer management experience, preferably in Technology Sales or Customer Success
- History of handling technical questions, new demos, customer interactions, and all customer communication
- Ability to present proposals and articulate core technical value proposition
- Familiarity with application development processes, concepts, terminology, and frameworks.
- Background in CI/CD, containers, or other microservices focused platforms
- Knowledge/mastery of Kubernetes, containers, Docker, Linux, Go or equivalent programming languages
- Solid digital background with understanding and hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Volunteering Days
- Company retreats
- Employee Wellbeing platform
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io