Go Developer - Cloud
Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London - UK, London - Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
We are currently seeking a highly organised and experienced Go Developer with a deep understanding of Kubernetes and a passion for improving software delivery to help our mission to transform the world of cloud-native solutions and Kubernetes management. We have an exciting roadmap to enhance and expand our Operator and Helm capabilities into something truly powerful. To achieve this vision, we are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Golang Developer to join our dynamic team.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
As a Mid-Weight Golang Developer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our Operator and Helm offerings. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Contribution: Collaborate with Senior Product Managers to influence the strategic direction of Tyk Operator and Helm. Propose innovative ideas and challenge existing strategies to drive continuous improvement.
- Customer-Centric Solutions: Focus on creating high-quality solutions with minimal technical debt, ensuring an optimal experience for our customers.
- Maintain Feature-to-Debt Ratio: Be responsible for maintaining a healthy feature-to-debt ratio to ensure that our products continue to evolve efficiently.
- Design Patterns: Develop code using well-accepted design patterns that allow for future scalability.
- Security First: Work with DevSecOps to implement a security-first approach in product iteration, ensuring that everything released is safe for our customers.
- Code Quality: Take ownership of the quality, maintainability, and flexibility of the code you write.
- Automated Testing: Lead the effort to write automated tests for every new capability and bug fix, promoting a culture of test-driven development.
- Non-Functional Use Cases: Dedicate time to address non-functional use cases, including technical debt reduction, documentation improvement, security enhancements, stability, and bug fixes.
- Coding Standards: Advocate for adhering to Tyk coding standards, ensuring that test cases and documentation are written, and driving automation in the pipeline process.
- Scrum Process: Embrace and promote the Scrum process, setting an example in working to the definition of ready/done, improving estimation, creating high-quality tickets, and contributing to grooming sessions.
- Continuous Improvement: Play a pivotal role in shaping and contributing to our continuous improvement agenda, focusing on improving the clarity of user stories, estimation processes, and continuous testing.
- DevOps Culture: Promote and adopt a DevOps culture, with a strong emphasis on release engineering quality and automation.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience in Golang.
- Strong Kubernetes experience.
- Strong understanding of Helm chart deployment processes and practices.
- Passion for continuously improving the software delivery lifecycle.
- Experience influencing and guiding product strategies through technical knowledge.
- Hands-on development experience with server development.
- Deep working understanding of DevOps best practices, particularly in relation to release engineering.
- Good working experience of security-first software development.
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Volunteering Days
- Company retreats
- Employee Wellbeing platform
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io